About Mechanicsville, VA
Mechanicsville, VA is located in Hanover County in the state of Virginia.
The total City Population for Mechanicsville is about 37,767 with about 506 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $261,038, which is roughly 7% higher than the Average Home Value of $242,407 for the state of Virginia, and roughly 17% higher than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $84,833, which is roughly 19% higher than the Average Median Income Per Household of $69,028 for the state of Virginia, and roughly 23% higher higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.76
Male Population Estimate: 48.9%
Female Population Estimate: 51.1%
Median Age: 41.7
Male Median Age: 39.4
Female Median Age: 41.3
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Mechanicsville specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Hanover County: About 1.9131 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Hanover County: About 127.764 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Hanover County is about 52% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 56% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Mechanicsville is about 2.2%.
Virginia is ranked #23 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 49.97 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 32.22
The average living wage for the state of Virginia is $33.68/hr, while the states minimum wage is $9.50/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Virginia a minimum wage score of 33.02 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13/hr, which gives Virginia a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 0 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Virginia is $197.60, resulting in a UI benefit score of 29.33 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Virginia does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Virginia does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Virginia does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Virginia does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Virginia does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Virginia does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Virginia does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Virginia does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Virginia does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Virginia does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Virginia does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Virginia does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
✓ Virginia does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Virginia does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ Virginia does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Virginia does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Virginia does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Virginia does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Studley, VA ( 4.94 mi. )
- Highland Springs, VA ( 5.37 mi. )
- Mechanicsvlle, VA ( 5.48 mi. )
- Highland Spgs, VA ( 5.72 mi. )
- Vcu Mcv East, VA ( 7.03 mi. )
- Montrose, VA ( 7.43 mi. )
- Glen Allen, VA ( 7.50 mi. )
- Capitol, VA ( 7.60 mi. )
- Capital One, VA ( 7.62 mi. )
- Dept Public Utilities, VA ( 7.62 mi. )
- Div Motor Veh, VA ( 7.62 mi. )
- Dominion Virginia Power, VA ( 7.62 mi. )
- Main Office, VA ( 7.62 mi. )
- Mcguire Veterans Hospital, VA ( 7.62 mi. )
- Nationsbank Mortgage, VA ( 7.62 mi. )
- Richmond Brm, VA ( 7.62 mi. )
- Suntrust Bank, VA ( 7.62 mi. )
- Va Dept Tax, VA ( 7.62 mi. )
- Vcu West, VA ( 7.62 mi. )
- Internal Revenue Service, VA ( 7.63 mi. )
- Staples Mill, VA ( 7.67 mi. )
- Sandston, VA ( 8.21 mi. )
- Air Mail Facility, VA ( 8.58 mi. )
- Rich Int Ap, VA ( 8.58 mi. )
- Richmond Int Airport, VA ( 8.58 mi. )
- Glenallen, VA ( 8.68 mi. )
- Gln Alln, VA ( 8.68 mi. )
- Richmond, VA ( 9.35 mi. )
- Stewart, VA ( 9.40 mi. )
- Hanover, VA ( 9.73 mi. )
- Glen Allenw, VA ( 9.88 mi. )
- Univ Of Rich, VA ( 10.77 mi. )
- University Of Rich, VA ( 10.77 mi. )
- University Of Richmond, VA ( 10.77 mi. )
- Forest Hill, VA ( 10.89 mi. )
- N Chesterfld, VA ( 10.95 mi. )
- North Chesterfield, VA ( 10.95 mi. )
- Ashland, VA ( 11.17 mi. )
- Koger Executive Ctr, VA ( 11.20 mi. )
- Ashaiiu, VA ( 11.74 mi. )
- Regency, VA ( 12.17 mi. )
- Westbury, VA ( 12.17 mi. )
- Varina, VA ( 12.22 mi. )
- Manquin, VA ( 12.53 mi. )
- Tuckahoe, VA ( 12.84 mi. )
- Millers, VA ( 12.99 mi. )
- Montrose Heights, VA ( 12.99 mi. )
- Ampthill, VA ( 13.16 mi. )
- Mangohick, VA ( 13.48 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 23111, 23116 (2 Total Zip Codes)
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 167.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 804