Hot Springs' Livability
About Hot Springs, VA
Hot Springs, VA is located in Bath County in the state of Virginia.
The total City Population for Hot Springs is about 540 with about 41 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $147,400, which is roughly 39% lower than the Average Home Value of $242,407 for the state of Virginia, and roughly 32% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $48,558, which is roughly 30% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $69,028 for the state of Virginia, and roughly 25% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.14
Male Population Estimate: 55.7%
Female Population Estimate: 44.3%
Median Age: 56.1
Male Median Age: 45.0
Female Median Age: 48.7
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Hot Springs specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Bath County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Bath County: About 111.222 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Bath County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 61% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Hot Springs is about 3.1%.
Virginia is ranked #23 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 49.97 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 32.22
The average living wage for the state of Virginia is $33.68/hr, while the states minimum wage is $9.50/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Virginia a minimum wage score of 33.02 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13/hr, which gives Virginia a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 0 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Virginia is $197.60, resulting in a UI benefit score of 29.33 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Virginia does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Virginia does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Virginia does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Virginia does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Virginia does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Virginia does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Virginia does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Virginia does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Virginia does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Virginia does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Virginia does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Virginia does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
✓ Virginia does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Virginia does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ Virginia does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Virginia does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Virginia does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Virginia does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Healing Springs, VA ( 3.49 mi. )
- Bacova, VA ( 3.79 mi. )
- Warm Springs, VA ( 3.83 mi. )
- Bacova Jnctn, VA ( 6.02 mi. )
- Bacova Junction, VA ( 6.02 mi. )
- Falling Sprng, VA ( 6.02 mi. )
- Healing Sprgs, VA ( 6.02 mi. )
- Milboro Sprgs, VA ( 9.79 mi. )
- Millboro Springs, VA ( 10.95 mi. )
- Falling Spring, VA ( 11.60 mi. )
- Millboro, VA ( 12.17 mi. )
- Clifton Forge, VA ( 12.30 mi. )
- Selma, VA ( 13.69 mi. )
- Lowmoor, VA ( 14.02 mi. )
- Minnehaha Springs, WV ( 14.06 mi. )
- Fort Lewis, VA ( 14.09 mi. )
- Iron Gate, VA ( 14.12 mi. )
- Low Moor, VA ( 14.45 mi. )
- Burnsville, VA ( 15.51 mi. )
- Neola, WV ( 16.84 mi. )
- Bolar, VA ( 16.93 mi. )
- Glen Wilton, VA ( 16.97 mi. )
- Goshen, VA ( 17.28 mi. )
- Covington, VA ( 17.75 mi. )
- Minehaha Spgs, WV ( 19.07 mi. )
- Minnehaha, WV ( 19.07 mi. )
- Williamsville, VA ( 19.17 mi. )
- Camp Appalachia, VA ( 19.70 mi. )
- Cmp Appalchia, VA ( 19.70 mi. )
- Wht Sphr Spgs, WV ( 20.87 mi. )
- Wht Sulphur S, WV ( 20.87 mi. )
- Wht Sulphur Spgs, WV ( 20.87 mi. )
- Buckeye, WV ( 21.15 mi. )
- Marlinton, WV ( 21.15 mi. )
- Seebert, WV ( 21.15 mi. )
- Mill Point, WV ( 22.22 mi. )
- West Lexington, VA ( 22.96 mi. )
- Hillsboro, WV ( 23.06 mi. )
- Mill Gap, VA ( 23.07 mi. )
- Rockbridge Baths, VA ( 23.22 mi. )
- Rockbdge Bath, VA ( 23.22 mi. )
- Rockbrg Baths, VA ( 23.22 mi. )
- Craigsville, VA ( 24.52 mi. )
- Eagle Rock, VA ( 24.85 mi. )
- Dunmore, WV ( 24.93 mi. )
- Lexington, VA ( 25.62 mi. )
- Droop, WV ( 25.62 mi. )
- Deerfield, VA ( 26.16 mi. )
- Stony Bottom, WV ( 26.17 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 24445
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 1851.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 540