Tennessee is a state in the Southeastern United States. It is bordered by Kentucky to the north, Virginia to the northeast, North Carolina to the east, Georgia, Alabama, and Mississippi to the south, Arkansas to the southwest, and Missouri to the northwest. Tennessee is the 36th-largest by area and the 15th-most populous of the 50 states.
Tennessee is culturally, geographically, and legally divided into three Grand Divisions of East, Middle, and West Tennessee.
- East Tennessee is the mountainous region in the eastern part of the state. It is home to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, the oldest national park in the United States.
- Middle Tennessee is the central region of the state. It is home to the capital city of Nashville, as well as the University of Tennessee and Vanderbilt University.
- West Tennessee is the flat, agricultural region in the western part of the state. It is home to the city of Memphis, as well as the National Civil Rights Museum.
Tennessee is a diverse state with a rich history and culture. It is home to a variety of industries, including agriculture, manufacturing, and tourism. Tennessee is also a popular destination for retirees and outdoor enthusiasts.
Some of the most popular attractions in Tennessee include:
- The Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum
- The Memphis Zoo
- The National Civil Rights Museum
- The Jack Daniel's Distillery
- The Dolly Parton Stampede
Tennessee is a beautiful and vibrant state with something to offer everyone.