Michigan is a state in the Great Lakes region of the upper Midwestern United States. It is bordered by Minnesota to the northwest, Wisconsin to the southwest, Indiana and Ohio to the south, and Lakes Superior, Huron, and Erie (which border the Canadian province of Ontario) to the north and east.
With a population of nearly 10.12 million and an area of nearly 97,000 sq mi (250,000 km2), Michigan is the 10th-largest state by population, the 11th-largest by area, and the largest by area east of the Mississippi River. Its capital is Lansing, and its largest city is Detroit. Metro Detroit is among the nation's most populous and largest metropolitan economies.
Michigan is a state of extremes. It has the longest freshwater coastline in the United States, with over 2,800 miles (4,500 km) of coastline on the Great Lakes. It also has the highest point in the Lower 48 States, Mount Britton, which is 2,919 feet (885 m) above sea level.
Michigan is a beautiful state with a diverse landscape. It has forests, mountains, rivers, and lakes. It is also home to a variety of wildlife, including bears, deer, and moose.
Michigan is a popular tourist destination. Visitors come to the state to enjoy its natural beauty, its historical sites, and its many cultural attractions.
Some of the most popular tourist destinations in Michigan include:
- The Upper Peninsula: The Upper Peninsula is a large, sparsely populated area that is home to some of the most beautiful scenery in the state. Visitors can enjoy hiking, camping, fishing, and boating in the Upper Peninsula.
- The Mackinac Bridge: The Mackinac Bridge is a suspension bridge that spans the Straits of Mackinac, connecting the Upper and Lower Peninsulas of Michigan. The bridge is a popular tourist attraction, and it offers stunning views of the surrounding area.
- Detroit: Detroit is the largest city in Michigan and the cultural center of the state. Visitors can enjoy visiting the city's many museums, art galleries, and theaters.
- Grand Rapids: Grand Rapids is the second-largest city in Michigan and a popular tourist destination. Visitors can enjoy visiting the city's many breweries, museums, and art galleries.
- Mackinac Island: Mackinac Island is a popular tourist destination located in the Straits of Mackinac. The island is a car-free zone, and visitors can get around by foot, bike, or horse-drawn carriage.
Michigan is a great place to live, work, and play. It is a state with a rich history and culture, and it offers a variety of outdoor activities for people of all ages.
- Eagle Harbor
- Eagle River
- East China
- East Grand Rapids
- East Jordan
- East Kingsford
- East Lansing
- East Leroy
- East Tawas
- Eaton Rapids
- Eau Claire
- Eben Junction
- Elk Rapids
- Elm Hall