Colorado is a state in the Mountain West subregion of the Western United States. It encompasses most of the Southern Rocky Mountains, as well as the northeastern portion of the Colorado Plateau and the western edge of the Great Plains. Colorado is the eighth most extensive and 21st most populous U.S. state.
The 2020 United States census enumerated the population of Colorado at 5,773,714, an increase of 14.80% since the 2010 census.
Colorado is bordered by Wyoming to the north, Nebraska to the northeast, Kansas to the east, Oklahoma to the southeast, New Mexico to the south, and Utah to the west, and touches Arizona to the southwest at the Four Corners.
Colorado is noted for its vivid landscape of mountains, forests, high plains, mesas, canyons, plateaus, rivers, and desert lands. Colorado is one of the Mountain states, and is a part of the western, and is often considered to be part of the southwestern, United States.
Denver is the capital and most populous city.
Here are some of the most popular tourist destinations in Colorado:
- Rocky Mountain National Park: This national park is home to some of the most beautiful scenery in Colorado, including snow-capped peaks, alpine meadows, and towering canyons. Visitors can enjoy hiking, camping, fishing, and wildlife viewing.
- Mesa Verde National Park: This national park is home to ancient cliff dwellings of the Ancestral Puebloans. Visitors can explore the ruins and learn about the history of the Pueblo people.
- Denver Botanic Gardens: This botanical garden features a variety of plants from around the world, including a Japanese garden, a desert garden, and a rose garden. Visitors can also enjoy concerts and other special events.
- Colorado Springs: This city is home to a number of attractions, including Pikes Peak, the Garden of the Gods, and the United States Air Force Academy. Visitors can also enjoy shopping, dining, and outdoor activities.
- Boulder: This city is home to the University of Colorado Boulder, as well as a number of shops, restaurants, and bars. Visitors can also enjoy hiking, biking, and rock climbing in the nearby Rocky Mountains.
- Vail: This ski resort town is a popular destination for skiers and snowboarders. Visitors can also enjoy hiking, biking, and shopping in the town.
- Aspen: This ski resort town is another popular destination for skiers and snowboarders. Visitors can also enjoy hiking, biking, and shopping in the town.
Colorado is a beautiful state with a lot to offer visitors. Whether you're interested in hiking, skiing, camping, or exploring the state's history, you're sure to find something to enjoy in Colorado.