About Meriden, WY
Meriden, WY is located in Laramie County in the state of Wyoming.
The total City Population for Meriden is about 60 with about 2 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $308,700, which is roughly 36% higher than the Average Home Value of $197,164 for the state of Wyoming, and roughly 30% higher than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $0, which is roughly 100% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $50,254 for the state of Wyoming, and roughly 100% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.31
Male Population Estimate: 58.3%
Female Population Estimate: 41.7%
Median Age: 46
Male Median Age: 40.5
Female Median Age: 58.5
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Meriden specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Laramie County: About 4.38431 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Laramie County: About 206.19 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Laramie County is about 10% higher than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 28% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
Wyoming is ranked #39 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 25.67 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 22.5
The average living wage for the state of Wyoming is $29.53/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Wyoming a minimum wage score of 14.03 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13/hr, which gives Wyoming a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 8.97 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Wyoming is $150.80, resulting in a UI benefit score of 14.45 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X Wyoming does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Wyoming does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X Wyoming does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Wyoming does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Wyoming does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Wyoming does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Wyoming does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Wyoming does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Wyoming does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Wyoming does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Wyoming does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
X Wyoming does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Wyoming does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Wyoming does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Wyoming does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Wyoming does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Wyoming does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
X Wyoming does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Lagrange, WY ( 6.69 mi. )
- Albin, WY ( 14.25 mi. )
- Hawk Springs, WY ( 16.92 mi. )
- Iron Mountain, WY ( 24.02 mi. )
- Burns, WY ( 24.44 mi. )
- Hillsdale, WY ( 24.54 mi. )
- Yoder, WY ( 25.81 mi. )
- Egbert, WY ( 26.02 mi. )
- Pine Bluffs, WY ( 28.10 mi. )
- Huntley, WY ( 28.27 mi. )
- Veteran, WY ( 29.14 mi. )
- Lyman, NE ( 29.63 mi. )
- Stegall, NE ( 29.65 mi. )
- Chugwater, WY ( 29.83 mi. )
- Harrisburg, NE ( 30.62 mi. )
- Bushnell, NE ( 30.85 mi. )
- Archer, WY ( 32.14 mi. )
- Prairie Center, WY ( 32.21 mi. )
- Prairie Ctr, WY ( 32.21 mi. )
- Slater, WY ( 33.43 mi. )
- Henry, NE ( 34.38 mi. )
- Rockeagle, WY ( 34.46 mi. )
- Carpenter, WY ( 34.47 mi. )
- Morrill, NE ( 35.42 mi. )
- Diamond, WY ( 36.04 mi. )
- Torrington, WY ( 36.79 mi. )
- Haig, NE ( 37.02 mi. )
- Cheyenne, WY ( 37.31 mi. )
- Mitchell, NE ( 38.05 mi. )
- Bordeaux, WY ( 38.31 mi. )
- Cheynne Shared Brm, WY ( 38.31 mi. )
- State Of Wyoming, WY ( 38.31 mi. )
- Fe Warren AFB, WY ( 38.35 mi. )
- Gering, NE ( 39.14 mi. )
- Hereford, CO ( 39.27 mi. )
- Terrytown, NE ( 39.44 mi. )
- Scottsbluff, NE ( 40.64 mi. )
- Kimball, NE ( 40.68 mi. )
- Lingle, WY ( 41.12 mi. )
- Melbeta, NE ( 44.52 mi. )
- Horse Creek, WY ( 45.52 mi. )
- Minatare, NE ( 46.02 mi. )
- Grover, CO ( 46.82 mi. )
- Fort Laramie, WY ( 47.34 mi. )
- Dix, NE ( 48.12 mi. )
- Wheatland, WY ( 48.14 mi. )
- McGrew, NE ( 48.60 mi. )
- Mc Grew, NE ( 48.60 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 82081
TimeZone: Mountain (GMT -07:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 5331.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 307