About Archer, WY
Archer, WY is located in Laramie County in the state of Wyoming.
The total City Population for Archer is about 31,703 with about 4 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $280,900, which is roughly 30% higher than the Average Home Value of $197,164 for the state of Wyoming, and roughly 23% higher than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $82,840, which is roughly 39% higher than the Average Median Income Per Household of $50,254 for the state of Wyoming, and roughly 22% higher higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.48
Male Population Estimate: 49.5%
Female Population Estimate: 50.5%
Median Age: 42.7
Male Median Age: 41.9
Female Median Age: 43.5
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Archer specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Laramie County: About 4.38431 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Laramie County: About 206.19 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Laramie County is about 10% higher than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 28% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
Wyoming is ranked #39 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 25.67 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 22.5
The average living wage for the state of Wyoming is $29.53/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Wyoming a minimum wage score of 14.03 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13/hr, which gives Wyoming a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 8.97 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Wyoming is $150.80, resulting in a UI benefit score of 14.45 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X Wyoming does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Wyoming does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X Wyoming does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Wyoming does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Wyoming does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Wyoming does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Wyoming does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Wyoming does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Wyoming does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Wyoming does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Wyoming does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
X Wyoming does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Wyoming does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Wyoming does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Wyoming does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Wyoming does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Wyoming does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
X Wyoming does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Cheyenne, WY ( 6.64 mi. )
- Cheynne Shared Brm, WY ( 8.02 mi. )
- State Of Wyoming, WY ( 8.02 mi. )
- Fe Warren AFB, WY ( 10.23 mi. )
- Hillsdale, WY ( 10.55 mi. )
- Iron Mountain, WY ( 15.92 mi. )
- Burns, WY ( 16.12 mi. )
- Carpenter, WY ( 17.50 mi. )
- Carr, CO ( 21.09 mi. )
- Egbert, WY ( 21.29 mi. )
- Hereford, CO ( 22.61 mi. )
- Granite Canon, WY ( 24.62 mi. )
- Granite Canyon, WY ( 24.62 mi. )
- Grover, CO ( 30.39 mi. )
- Pine Bluffs, WY ( 30.77 mi. )
- Nunn, CO ( 31.33 mi. )
- Horse Creek, WY ( 32.13 mi. )
- Meriden, WY ( 32.14 mi. )
- Harriman, WY ( 32.15 mi. )
- Buford, WY ( 33.30 mi. )
- Albin, WY ( 34.32 mi. )
- Pierce, CO ( 36.09 mi. )
- Waverly, CO ( 36.12 mi. )
- Wellington, CO ( 36.23 mi. )
- Lagrange, WY ( 36.86 mi. )
- Livermore, CO ( 38.14 mi. )
- Virginia Dale, CO ( 38.23 mi. )
- Diamond, WY ( 39.03 mi. )
- Ault, CO ( 39.44 mi. )
- Briggsdale, CO ( 40.11 mi. )
- Bushnell, NE ( 40.59 mi. )
- Chugwater, WY ( 42.07 mi. )
- Laporte, CO ( 43.69 mi. )
- Eaton, CO ( 43.71 mi. )
- Tie Siding, WY ( 44.09 mi. )
- Galeton, CO ( 44.18 mi. )
- Severance, CO ( 44.81 mi. )
- Teledyne Water Pik, CO ( 45.13 mi. )
- Bellvue, CO ( 45.19 mi. )
- Ft Collins, CO ( 45.49 mi. )
- Timnath, CO ( 45.78 mi. )
- Colorado State University, CO ( 45.95 mi. )
- Lucerne, CO ( 46.70 mi. )
- Fort Collins, CO ( 47.01 mi. )
- Hawk Springs, WY ( 48.04 mi. )
- Eastman Kodak Co, CO ( 48.54 mi. )
- Gill, CO ( 49.02 mi. )
- Windsor, CO ( 49.37 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 82009
TimeZone: Mountain (GMT -07:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 6115.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 307