About Southside, WV
Southside, WV is located in Mason County in the state of West Virginia.
The total City Population for Southside is about 719 with about 5 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $56,100, which is roughly 41% lower than the Average Home Value of $94,810 for the state of West Virginia, and roughly 74% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $0, which is roughly 100% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $40,347 for the state of West Virginia, and roughly 100% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.50
Male Population Estimate: 49.7%
Female Population Estimate: 50.3%
Median Age: 44.7
Male Median Age: 44.4
Female Median Age: 45.0
Racial Demographic Estimates
Shelley Moore Capito
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Southside specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Mason County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Mason County: About 120.371 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Mason County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 58% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
West Virginia is ranked #33 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 33.11 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 37.99
The average living wage for the state of West Virginia is $30/hr, while the states minimum wage is $8.75/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives West Virginia a minimum wage score of 38.01 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.62/hr, which gives West Virginia a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 9.7 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for West Virginia is $192.50, resulting in a UI benefit score of 40.09 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X West Virginia does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ West Virginia does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X West Virginia does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X West Virginia does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X West Virginia does provide some form of paid family leave.
X West Virginia does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X West Virginia does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X West Virginia does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X West Virginia does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X West Virginia does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ West Virginia does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ West Virginia does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X West Virginia does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X West Virginia does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ West Virginia does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ West Virginia does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ West Virginia does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
X West Virginia does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Arbuckle, WV ( 1.14 mi. )
- Leon, WV ( 2.21 mi. )
- Grimms Landing, WV ( 2.91 mi. )
- Robertsburg, WV ( 4.34 mi. )
- Grimms Lndg, WV ( 5.21 mi. )
- Pliny, WV ( 6.73 mi. )
- Buffalo, WV ( 7.35 mi. )
- Galipolis Fry, WV ( 8.53 mi. )
- Fraziers Btm, WV ( 9.55 mi. )
- Fraziers Bottom, WV ( 10.18 mi. )
- Mount Alto, WV ( 11.30 mi. )
- Apple Grove, WV ( 11.43 mi. )
- Pt Pleasant, WV ( 11.87 mi. )
- Henderson, WV ( 11.95 mi. )
- Ashton, WV ( 12.34 mi. )
- Evans, WV ( 12.44 mi. )
- Letart, WV ( 12.44 mi. )
- Eleanor, WV ( 12.63 mi. )
- Given, WV ( 12.73 mi. )
- Millwood, WV ( 12.77 mi. )
- Point Pleasant, WV ( 12.81 mi. )
- Red House, WV ( 12.85 mi. )
- Cottageville, WV ( 12.95 mi. )
- Gallipolis Ferry, WV ( 13.28 mi. )
- Winfield, WV ( 13.71 mi. )
- Gallipolis, OH ( 13.99 mi. )
- Mount Olive, WV ( 14.33 mi. )
- Hometown, WV ( 14.35 mi. )
- Glenwood, WV ( 14.57 mi. )
- Fairplain, WV ( 15.43 mi. )
- Ripley, WV ( 15.69 mi. )
- Bancroft, WV ( 15.79 mi. )
- Kenna, WV ( 16.86 mi. )
- Northup, OH ( 17.55 mi. )
- Racine, OH ( 17.64 mi. )
- Lakin, WV ( 17.88 mi. )
- Cheshire, OH ( 17.89 mi. )
- New Haven, WV ( 18.70 mi. )
- Statts Mills, WV ( 18.71 mi. )
- Poca, WV ( 18.73 mi. )
- Teays, WV ( 19.01 mi. )
- West Columbia, WV ( 19.08 mi. )
- Scott Depot, WV ( 19.19 mi. )
- Syracuse, OH ( 19.44 mi. )
- Hartford City, WV ( 19.44 mi. )
- Crown City, OH ( 19.47 mi. )
- Middleport, OH ( 19.87 mi. )
- Ravenswood, WV ( 19.92 mi. )
- Hurricane, WV ( 20.03 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 25187
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 852.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 304