About Rio, WV
Rio, WV is located in Hampshire County in the state of West Virginia.
The total City Population for Rio is about 1,666 with about 68 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $168,300, which is roughly 48% higher than the Average Home Value of $87,464 for the state of West Virginia, and roughly 11% lower than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $46,000, which is roughly 20% higher than the Average Median Income Per Household of $36,951 for the state of West Virginia, and roughly 20% lower higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.40
Male Population Estimate: 51.3%
Female Population Estimate: 48.7%
Median Age: 44.4
Male Median Age: 44.4
Female Median Age: 44.4
Racial Demographic Estimates
Shelley Moore Capito
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Rio specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Hampshire County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Hampshire County: About 226.856 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Hampshire County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 21% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
West Virginia is ranked #33 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 33.11 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 37.99
The average living wage for the state of West Virginia is $30/hr, while the states minimum wage is $8.75/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives West Virginia a minimum wage score of 38.01 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.62/hr, which gives West Virginia a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 9.7 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for West Virginia is $192.50, resulting in a UI benefit score of 40.09 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X West Virginia does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ West Virginia does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X West Virginia does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X West Virginia does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X West Virginia does provide some form of paid family leave.
X West Virginia does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X West Virginia does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X West Virginia does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X West Virginia does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X West Virginia does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ West Virginia does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ West Virginia does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X West Virginia does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X West Virginia does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ West Virginia does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ West Virginia does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ West Virginia does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
X West Virginia does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Kirby, WV ( 4.30 mi. )
- Delray, WV ( 5.24 mi. )
- Wardensville, WV ( 5.93 mi. )
- Baker, WV ( 7.78 mi. )
- Yellow Spring, WV ( 9.11 mi. )
- Capon Springs, WV ( 9.94 mi. )
- Augusta, WV ( 10.98 mi. )
- Shanks, WV ( 12.18 mi. )
- Three Chrs, WV ( 12.38 mi. )
- Star Tannery, VA ( 12.84 mi. )
- Lehew, WV ( 13.11 mi. )
- Lost River, WV ( 14.39 mi. )
- Old Fields, WV ( 14.98 mi. )
- Romney, WV ( 15.02 mi. )
- Purgitsville, WV ( 15.14 mi. )
- High View, WV ( 15.39 mi. )
- Lebanon Ch, VA ( 15.82 mi. )
- Junction, WV ( 15.88 mi. )
- Moorefield, WV ( 16.41 mi. )
- Capon Bridge, WV ( 16.84 mi. )
- Lost City, WV ( 16.88 mi. )
- Lebanon Church, VA ( 17.17 mi. )
- Slanesville, WV ( 18.02 mi. )
- Maurertown, VA ( 18.09 mi. )
- Fishers Hill, VA ( 18.10 mi. )
- Toms Brook, VA ( 18.10 mi. )
- Three Churches, WV ( 18.14 mi. )
- Fisher, WV ( 18.85 mi. )
- Burlington, WV ( 19.24 mi. )
- Strasburg, VA ( 19.54 mi. )
- Woodstock, VA ( 19.98 mi. )
- Gore, VA ( 20.15 mi. )
- Mathias, WV ( 20.84 mi. )
- Medley, WV ( 20.93 mi. )
- Points, WV ( 21.07 mi. )
- Springfield, WV ( 21.22 mi. )
- Rig, WV ( 21.27 mi. )
- Lahmansville, WV ( 22.05 mi. )
- Middletown, VA ( 22.33 mi. )
- Edinburg, VA ( 22.48 mi. )
- Basye, VA ( 22.70 mi. )
- Whitacre, VA ( 22.70 mi. )
- Bloomery, WV ( 23.38 mi. )
- Fort Valley, VA ( 23.83 mi. )
- Saint Davids Church, VA ( 23.83 mi. )
- Seven Fountns, VA ( 23.83 mi. )
- St Davids Ch, VA ( 23.83 mi. )
- Seven Fountains, VA ( 24.02 mi. )
- Stephens City, VA ( 24.18 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 26714
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 1665.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 304