Westminster W's Livability
About Westminster W, VT
Westminster W, VT is located in Windham County in the state of Vermont.
The total City Population for Westminster W is about 5,184 with about 75 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $206,300, which is roughly 11% lower than the Average Home Value of $231,791 for the state of Vermont, and roughly 5% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $58,768, which is roughly 12% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $66,462 for the state of Vermont, and roughly 10% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.26
Male Population Estimate: 51.4%
Female Population Estimate: 48.6%
Median Age: 43.8
Male Median Age: 41.5
Female Median Age: 45.2
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Westminster W specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Windham County: About 3.6 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2019)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Windham County: About 167.14 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Windham County is about 9% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 42% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Westminster W is about 6.5%.
Vermont is ranked #12 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 68.91 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 62.9
The average living wage for the state of Vermont is $32.92/hr, while the states minimum wage is $11.75/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Vermont a minimum wage score of 71.91 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $5.88/hr, which gives Vermont a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 35.6 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Vermont is $271.56, resulting in a UI benefit score of 75.95 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Vermont does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Vermont does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Vermont does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Vermont does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Vermont does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ Vermont does provide some form of paid sick leave.
✓ Vermont does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Vermont does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Vermont does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Vermont does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Vermont does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Vermont does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Vermont does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Vermont does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ Vermont does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Vermont does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Vermont does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Vermont does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- E Dummerston, VT ( 0.00 mi. )
- Putney, VT ( 1.94 mi. )
- Westminster West, VT ( 2.89 mi. )
- East Putney, VT ( 3.22 mi. )
- Westminster, VT ( 3.80 mi. )
- Brookline, VT ( 3.86 mi. )
- West Minster, VT ( 5.94 mi. )
- Westminster Station, VT ( 6.27 mi. )
- Westmnstr Sta, VT ( 6.27 mi. )
- East Dummerston, VT ( 6.30 mi. )
- Westmoreland, NH ( 6.33 mi. )
- Harmonyville, VT ( 6.73 mi. )
- Simpsonville, VT ( 6.80 mi. )
- Athens, VT ( 6.99 mi. )
- Dummerston, VT ( 7.00 mi. )
- Walpole, NH ( 7.30 mi. )
- West Dummerston, VT ( 7.54 mi. )
- Townshend, VT ( 7.60 mi. )
- W Dummerston, VT ( 7.82 mi. )
- North Westminster, VT ( 7.92 mi. )
- Saxtons River, VT ( 8.13 mi. )
- West Chesterfield, NH ( 8.22 mi. )
- Mary Meyer, VT ( 8.64 mi. )
- Bellows Falls, VT ( 8.69 mi. )
- W Chesterfield, NH ( 8.92 mi. )
- W Chesterfld, NH ( 8.92 mi. )
- Cambridgeport, VT ( 9.01 mi. )
- Williamsville, VT ( 9.01 mi. )
- Newfane, VT ( 9.18 mi. )
- N Walpole, NH ( 9.52 mi. )
- No Walpole, NH ( 9.52 mi. )
- North Walpole, NH ( 9.66 mi. )
- Spofford, NH ( 9.84 mi. )
- West Townshend, VT ( 9.94 mi. )
- Chesterfield, NH ( 9.95 mi. )
- Drewsville, NH ( 10.21 mi. )
- Surry, NH ( 10.27 mi. )
- Gageville, VT ( 10.38 mi. )
- South Newfane, VT ( 10.44 mi. )
- East Jamaica, VT ( 10.75 mi. )
- Rockingham, VT ( 11.12 mi. )
- South Windham, VT ( 11.54 mi. )
- Brattleboro, VT ( 11.81 mi. )
- Grafton, VT ( 11.95 mi. )
- West Brattleboro, VT ( 12.00 mi. )
- Brookside, VT ( 12.30 mi. )
- Alstead Center, NH ( 12.41 mi. )
- South Wardsboro, VT ( 12.62 mi. )
- W Townshend, VT ( 12.66 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 05346
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 897.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 802