About Reading, VT
Reading, VT is located in Windsor County in the state of Vermont.
The total City Population for Reading is about 568 with about 4 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $316,479, which is roughly 33% higher than the Average Home Value of $210,899 for the state of Vermont, and roughly 40% higher than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $66,500, which is roughly 11% higher than the Average Median Income Per Household of $59,492 for the state of Vermont, and roughly 14% higher higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.29
Male Population Estimate: 52.6%
Female Population Estimate: 47.4%
Median Age: 47.7
Male Median Age: 47.6
Female Median Age: 47.8
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Reading specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Windsor County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Windsor County: About 90.7148 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Windsor County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 68% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Reading is about 0.6%.
Vermont is ranked #12 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 68.91 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 62.9
The average living wage for the state of Vermont is $32.92/hr, while the states minimum wage is $11.75/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Vermont a minimum wage score of 71.91 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $5.88/hr, which gives Vermont a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 35.6 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Vermont is $271.56, resulting in a UI benefit score of 75.95 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Vermont does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Vermont does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Vermont does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Vermont does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Vermont does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ Vermont does provide some form of paid sick leave.
✓ Vermont does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Vermont does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Vermont does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Vermont does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Vermont does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Vermont does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Vermont does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Vermont does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ Vermont does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Vermont does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Vermont does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Vermont does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Felchville, VT ( 0.55 mi. )
- Reading Center, VT ( 0.55 mi. )
- South Reading, VT ( 1.64 mi. )
- Hammondsville, VT ( 2.11 mi. )
- S Woodstock, VT ( 4.70 mi. )
- Sheddsville, VT ( 4.90 mi. )
- West Windsor, VT ( 5.19 mi. )
- South Woodstock, VT ( 5.34 mi. )
- Brgwtr, VT ( 5.77 mi. )
- W Bridgewater, VT ( 5.77 mi. )
- Jenneville, VT ( 5.82 mi. )
- Cavendish, VT ( 6.41 mi. )
- Plymouth, VT ( 6.41 mi. )
- Brownsville, VT ( 6.48 mi. )
- Greenbush, VT ( 6.75 mi. )
- Plymouth Kingdom, VT ( 6.76 mi. )
- Woodstock, VT ( 7.18 mi. )
- Plymouth Union, VT ( 7.59 mi. )
- Fieldsville, VT ( 8.05 mi. )
- West Woodstock, VT ( 8.13 mi. )
- Proctorsville, VT ( 8.35 mi. )
- Smithville, VT ( 8.43 mi. )
- Windsor, VT ( 8.78 mi. )
- Bridgewater Center, VT ( 8.83 mi. )
- Bridgewater Corners, VT ( 8.92 mi. )
- Brdgewtr Cors, VT ( 8.92 mi. )
- Brgwtr Cors, VT ( 8.92 mi. )
- Bridgewater Corn, VT ( 8.92 mi. )
- Bridgewtr Cor, VT ( 8.92 mi. )
- Bridgewtr Ct, VT ( 8.92 mi. )
- Grahamville, VT ( 8.96 mi. )
- Lake Rescue, VT ( 8.96 mi. )
- Tyson, VT ( 8.96 mi. )
- Ludlow, VT ( 8.98 mi. )
- Hartland Four Corners, VT ( 9.10 mi. )
- Hartland Cors, VT ( 9.10 mi. )
- Weathersfield Center, VT ( 9.19 mi. )
- Bridgewater, VT ( 9.54 mi. )
- Hartland, VT ( 9.54 mi. )
- Perkinsville, VT ( 9.59 mi. )
- Baltimore, VT ( 9.64 mi. )
- Weathersfield, VT ( 9.72 mi. )
- Healdville, VT ( 9.75 mi. )
- West Bridgewater, VT ( 10.49 mi. )
- W Woodstock, VT ( 10.69 mi. )
- Wood Stock, VT ( 10.69 mi. )
- Hortonville, VT ( 10.74 mi. )
- Taftsville, VT ( 11.10 mi. )
- Ascutney, VT ( 11.23 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 05062, 05153 (2 Total Zip Codes)
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 1436.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 802