About Peru, VT
Peru, VT is located in Bennington County in the state of Vermont.
The total City Population for Peru is about 457 with about 4 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $346,620, which is roughly 33% higher than the Average Home Value of $231,791 for the state of Vermont, and roughly 37% higher than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $108,182, which is roughly 39% higher than the Average Median Income Per Household of $66,462 for the state of Vermont, and roughly 40% higher higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.26
Male Population Estimate: 44.6%
Female Population Estimate: 55.4%
Median Age: 50
Male Median Age: 48.2
Female Median Age: 47.5
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Peru specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Bennington County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Bennington County: About 155.617 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Bennington County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 46% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Peru is about 0.3%.
Vermont is ranked #12 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 68.91 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 62.9
The average living wage for the state of Vermont is $32.92/hr, while the states minimum wage is $11.75/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Vermont a minimum wage score of 71.91 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $5.88/hr, which gives Vermont a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 35.6 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Vermont is $271.56, resulting in a UI benefit score of 75.95 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Vermont does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Vermont does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Vermont does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Vermont does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Vermont does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ Vermont does provide some form of paid sick leave.
✓ Vermont does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Vermont does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Vermont does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Vermont does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Vermont does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Vermont does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Vermont does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Vermont does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ Vermont does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Vermont does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Vermont does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Vermont does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Bromley Mtn, VT ( 3.40 mi. )
- Landgrove, VT ( 3.77 mi. )
- East Dorset, VT ( 4.41 mi. )
- E Dorset, VT ( 4.44 mi. )
- Lake Emerald, VT ( 4.44 mi. )
- South End, VT ( 5.62 mi. )
- Winhall, VT ( 6.46 mi. )
- Mount Tabor, VT ( 6.51 mi. )
- Dorset, VT ( 6.59 mi. )
- Weston Priory, VT ( 6.64 mi. )
- Barnumville, VT ( 6.79 mi. )
- Londonderry, VT ( 6.86 mi. )
- S Dorset, VT ( 7.03 mi. )
- So Dorset, VT ( 7.03 mi. )
- South Londonderry, VT ( 7.06 mi. )
- Weston, VT ( 7.09 mi. )
- Chipman Lake, VT ( 7.61 mi. )
- Danby Corners, VT ( 7.61 mi. )
- S Londonderry, VT ( 7.70 mi. )
- Stratton Mnt, VT ( 7.70 mi. )
- Stratton Mtn, VT ( 7.70 mi. )
- Manchester Center, VT ( 7.74 mi. )
- Bondville, VT ( 7.95 mi. )
- South Dorset, VT ( 8.02 mi. )
- Rawsonville, VT ( 8.55 mi. )
- Manchestr Ctr, VT ( 9.42 mi. )
- Manchster Ctr, VT ( 9.42 mi. )
- North Windham, VT ( 9.45 mi. )
- Stratton Mountain, VT ( 9.58 mi. )
- Russellville, VT ( 9.61 mi. )
- Manchester, VT ( 9.68 mi. )
- Danby, VT ( 9.73 mi. )
- Middletown, VT ( 9.77 mi. )
- Bromley Mountain, VT ( 9.88 mi. )
- Manchester Village, VT ( 9.88 mi. )
- Andover, VT ( 10.16 mi. )
- Simonsville, VT ( 10.29 mi. )
- East Rupert, VT ( 10.37 mi. )
- Scottsville, VT ( 10.46 mi. )
- Pikes Falls, VT ( 11.41 mi. )
- South Wallingford, VT ( 11.47 mi. )
- Windham, VT ( 11.57 mi. )
- North Rupert, VT ( 11.73 mi. )
- E Wallingford, VT ( 11.91 mi. )
- Belmont, VT ( 12.12 mi. )
- Jamaica, VT ( 12.28 mi. )
- W Townshend, VT ( 12.62 mi. )
- Wallingford, VT ( 12.82 mi. )
- Lake Hinevah, VT ( 13.02 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 05152
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 1586.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 802