N Middlesex's Livability
About N Middlesex, VT
N Middlesex, VT is located in Washington County in the state of Vermont.
The total City Population for N Middlesex is about 1,251 with about 27 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $241,700, which is roughly 13% higher than the Average Home Value of $210,899 for the state of Vermont, and roughly 22% higher than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $60,179, which is roughly 1% higher than the Average Median Income Per Household of $59,492 for the state of Vermont, and roughly 4% higher higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.53
Male Population Estimate: 49.4%
Female Population Estimate: 50.6%
Median Age: 43.6
Male Median Age: 42.6
Female Median Age: 44.6
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of N Middlesex specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Washington County: About 2.43741 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Washington County: About 101.265 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Washington County is about 38% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 65% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for N Middlesex is about 3.3%.
Vermont is ranked #12 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 68.91 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 62.9
The average living wage for the state of Vermont is $32.92/hr, while the states minimum wage is $11.75/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Vermont a minimum wage score of 71.91 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $5.88/hr, which gives Vermont a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 35.6 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Vermont is $271.56, resulting in a UI benefit score of 75.95 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Vermont does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Vermont does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Vermont does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Vermont does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Vermont does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ Vermont does provide some form of paid sick leave.
✓ Vermont does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Vermont does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Vermont does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Vermont does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Vermont does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Vermont does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Vermont does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Vermont does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ Vermont does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Vermont does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Vermont does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Vermont does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- North Middlesex, VT ( 0.00 mi. )
- Worcester, VT ( 0.98 mi. )
- Bliss Pond, VT ( 4.86 mi. )
- Middlesex, VT ( 5.66 mi. )
- Calais, VT ( 5.74 mi. )
- Adamant, VT ( 5.85 mi. )
- North Calais, VT ( 6.24 mi. )
- Waterbury Ctr, VT ( 6.58 mi. )
- Elmore, VT ( 7.07 mi. )
- East Calais, VT ( 7.37 mi. )
- Waterbury Center, VT ( 7.44 mi. )
- South Woodbury, VT ( 7.55 mi. )
- Moscow, VT ( 7.66 mi. )
- East Montpelier, VT ( 8.14 mi. )
- East Montpelier Center, VT ( 8.21 mi. )
- Gould Hill, VT ( 8.33 mi. )
- Jones Brook, VT ( 8.33 mi. )
- Middlesex Center, VT ( 8.33 mi. )
- Middlesex Ctr, VT ( 8.33 mi. )
- Montpelier Jct, VT ( 8.33 mi. )
- Montpelier Junction, VT ( 8.33 mi. )
- Waterbury, VT ( 8.60 mi. )
- Lake Valley, VT ( 8.69 mi. )
- Woodbury, VT ( 8.79 mi. )
- E Montpelier, VT ( 8.87 mi. )
- Colbyville, VT ( 8.99 mi. )
- North Montpelier, VT ( 9.00 mi. )
- Montpelier, VT ( 9.10 mi. )
- Stowe, VT ( 9.35 mi. )
- Dept Motor Vehicles, VT ( 9.51 mi. )
- National Life Ins, VT ( 9.51 mi. )
- State Of Vermont, VT ( 9.51 mi. )
- N Montpelier, VT ( 9.81 mi. )
- No Montpelier, VT ( 9.81 mi. )
- Lk Elmore, VT ( 10.15 mi. )
- Lake Elmore, VT ( 10.27 mi. )
- Cleveland Corner, VT ( 10.40 mi. )
- Lake Lamoille, VT ( 10.40 mi. )
- Morrisvl, VT ( 10.40 mi. )
- Morrisvle, VT ( 10.40 mi. )
- Mud City, VT ( 10.40 mi. )
- Branch, VT ( 10.50 mi. )
- East Elmore, VT ( 10.50 mi. )
- Morristown, VT ( 10.87 mi. )
- Pekin, VT ( 11.08 mi. )
- Morrisville, VT ( 11.13 mi. )
- Pottersville, VT ( 11.40 mi. )
- Lower Cabot, VT ( 11.85 mi. )
- Marshfield, VT ( 11.89 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 05682
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 1242.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 802