About Gilman, VT
Gilman, VT is located in Essex County in the state of Vermont.
The total City Population for Gilman is about 163 with about 139 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $76,946, which is roughly 64% lower than the Average Home Value of $210,899 for the state of Vermont, and roughly 59% lower than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $30,972, which is roughly 48% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $59,492 for the state of Vermont, and roughly 46% lower higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.10
Male Population Estimate: 46.6%
Female Population Estimate: 53.4%
Median Age: 57
Male Median Age: 45.1
Female Median Age: 43.7
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Gilman specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Essex County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Essex County: About 16.3372 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Essex County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 94% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
Vermont is ranked #12 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 68.91 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 62.9
The average living wage for the state of Vermont is $32.92/hr, while the states minimum wage is $11.75/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Vermont a minimum wage score of 71.91 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $5.88/hr, which gives Vermont a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 35.6 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Vermont is $271.56, resulting in a UI benefit score of 75.95 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Vermont does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Vermont does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Vermont does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Vermont does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Vermont does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ Vermont does provide some form of paid sick leave.
✓ Vermont does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Vermont does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Vermont does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Vermont does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Vermont does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Vermont does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Vermont does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Vermont does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ Vermont does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Vermont does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Vermont does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Vermont does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- East Concord, VT ( 2.03 mi. )
- South Lunenburg, VT ( 2.10 mi. )
- Dalton, NH ( 2.45 mi. )
- Lunenburg, VT ( 4.35 mi. )
- Miles Pond, VT ( 4.62 mi. )
- Concord, VT ( 5.95 mi. )
- Whitefield, NH ( 6.71 mi. )
- Concord Corner, VT ( 6.90 mi. )
- Ralston Corner, VT ( 6.90 mi. )
- Littleton, NH ( 7.28 mi. )
- North Concord, VT ( 7.86 mi. )
- Lancaster, NH ( 9.32 mi. )
- Granby Valley, VT ( 10.17 mi. )
- Guildhall, VT ( 10.21 mi. )
- Lower Waterford, VT ( 10.28 mi. )
- Lwr Waterford, VT ( 10.31 mi. )
- Victory, VT ( 10.52 mi. )
- Waterford, VT ( 11.33 mi. )
- East Saint Johnsbury, VT ( 11.47 mi. )
- E St Johnsbry, VT ( 11.50 mi. )
- Kirby, VT ( 11.63 mi. )
- Gallup Mills, VT ( 11.66 mi. )
- Jefferson, NH ( 12.43 mi. )
- West Waterford, VT ( 12.45 mi. )
- Bethlehem, NH ( 12.47 mi. )
- Saint Johnsbury, VT ( 12.51 mi. )
- Johnsbury, VT ( 12.51 mi. )
- St Johnsbury, VT ( 12.51 mi. )
- Granby, VT ( 13.03 mi. )
- Carroll, NH ( 13.03 mi. )
- Twin Mountain, NH ( 13.08 mi. )
- Sugar Hill, NH ( 13.82 mi. )
- East Lyndon, VT ( 14.01 mi. )
- Lisbon, NH ( 14.02 mi. )
- St Jhnsbry Ct, VT ( 14.69 mi. )
- Northumberland, NH ( 14.86 mi. )
- Saint Johnsbury Center, VT ( 15.09 mi. )
- Lyman, NH ( 15.10 mi. )
- Burke Mountain, VT ( 15.46 mi. )
- E Burke, VT ( 15.46 mi. )
- Passumpsic, VT ( 15.60 mi. )
- Franconia, NH ( 16.05 mi. )
- Lyndon Corners, VT ( 16.16 mi. )
- East Burke, VT ( 16.33 mi. )
- Groveton, NH ( 16.35 mi. )
- Lyndonville, VT ( 16.40 mi. )
- Maidstone, VT ( 16.43 mi. )
- Lyndon, VT ( 17.01 mi. )
- Lyndon Center, VT ( 17.02 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 05904, 05906 (2 Total Zip Codes)
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 903.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 802