S Salt Lake's Livability
About S Salt Lake, UT
S Salt Lake, UT is located in Salt Lake County in the state of Utah.
The total City Population for S Salt Lake is about 202,032 with about 671 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $360,700, which is roughly 21% higher than the Average Home Value of $284,958 for the state of Utah, and roughly 40% higher than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $50,070, which is roughly 29% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $70,465 for the state of Utah, and roughly 23% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.17
Male Population Estimate: 50%
Female Population Estimate: 50%
Median Age: 27.1714
Male Median Age: 26.7
Female Median Age: 27.7
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of S Salt Lake specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Salt Lake County: About 2.84118 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Salt Lake County: About 383.753 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Salt Lake County is about 28% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 25% higher than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for S Salt Lake is about 4%.
Utah is ranked #45 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 22.72 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 8.87
The average living wage for the state of Utah is $32.05/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Utah a minimum wage score of 4 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13/hr, which gives Utah a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 8.97 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Utah is $140.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 0 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Utah does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Utah does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X Utah does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Utah does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Utah does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Utah does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Utah does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Utah does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Utah does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Utah does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Utah does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Utah does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Utah does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X Utah does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Utah does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Utah does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Utah does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
X Utah does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- American Express Co, UT ( 2.22 mi. )
- Church Of Jesus Christ/lds, UT ( 2.22 mi. )
- First Security Bank, UT ( 2.22 mi. )
- LDS Hospital, UT ( 2.22 mi. )
- Questar Gas Company, UT ( 2.22 mi. )
- Salt Lake County Complex, UT ( 2.22 mi. )
- University Medical Ctr, UT ( 2.22 mi. )
- US Postal Service, UT ( 2.22 mi. )
- Utah State Tax Commission, UT ( 2.22 mi. )
- Veterans Administration Hosp, UT ( 2.22 mi. )
- Wells Fargo Bank, UT ( 2.22 mi. )
- Salt Lake Cty, UT ( 2.52 mi. )
- SLC, UT ( 2.52 mi. )
- Fort Douglas, UT ( 2.76 mi. )
- South Salt Lake, UT ( 3.07 mi. )
- Millcreek, UT ( 3.76 mi. )
- Salt Lake City, UT ( 4.62 mi. )
- Granger Hunter, UT ( 5.14 mi. )
- Holladay Cottonwood, UT ( 5.55 mi. )
- Holladay Ctwd, UT ( 5.55 mi. )
- Cottonwood, UT ( 5.70 mi. )
- Holladay, UT ( 5.76 mi. )
- So Salt Lake, UT ( 5.82 mi. )
- SSL, UT ( 5.82 mi. )
- Murray, UT ( 6.31 mi. )
- Granger, UT ( 6.36 mi. )
- Emigration Canyon, UT ( 7.06 mi. )
- Emigratn Cyn, UT ( 7.20 mi. )
- Taylorsville, UT ( 7.36 mi. )
- NSL, UT ( 7.81 mi. )
- North Salt Lake, UT ( 7.90 mi. )
- Midvale, UT ( 8.73 mi. )
- West Valley City, UT ( 8.73 mi. )
- Cottonwd Hts, UT ( 8.79 mi. )
- Cushing, UT ( 8.79 mi. )
- Union, UT ( 8.79 mi. )
- Cottonwood Heights, UT ( 8.94 mi. )
- Hunter, UT ( 8.96 mi. )
- Bountiful, UT ( 9.22 mi. )
- N Salt Lake, UT ( 9.67 mi. )
- Val Verda, UT ( 9.67 mi. )
- W Bountiful, UT ( 9.67 mi. )
- Woods Cross, UT ( 9.76 mi. )
- Kearns, UT ( 9.89 mi. )
- West Bountiful, UT ( 11.32 mi. )
- Belmont Heights, UT ( 11.33 mi. )
- Sherwood Park, UT ( 11.33 mi. )
- Cottonwood Heights City, UT ( 11.51 mi. )
- Sandy, UT ( 11.59 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 84105, 84106, 84107, 84115, 84119, 84123, 84165 (7 Total Zip Codes)
TimeZone: Mountain (GMT -07:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 4296.4 ft.
Area Code(s): 385, 801