About Peters, TX
Peters, TX is located in Austin County in the state of Texas.
The total City Population for Peters is about 12,782 with about 6 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $167,300, which is roughly 15% higher than the Average Home Value of $141,607 for the state of Texas, and roughly 11% lower than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $70,479, which is roughly 21% higher than the Average Median Income Per Household of $56,007 for the state of Texas, and roughly 18% higher higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.76
Male Population Estimate: 49.8%
Female Population Estimate: 50.2%
Median Age: 37.5
Male Median Age: 36.4
Female Median Age: 38.7
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Peters specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Austin County: About 4.92655 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2018)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Austin County: About 237.78 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Austin County is about 20% higher than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 17% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
Texas is ranked #47 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 17.01 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 13.36
The average living wage for the state of Texas is $30.75/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Texas a minimum wage score of 8.97 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13/hr, which gives Texas a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 8.97 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Texas is $150.80, resulting in a UI benefit score of 10.49 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X Texas does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Texas does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X Texas does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Texas does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Texas does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Texas does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Texas does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Texas does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Texas does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Texas does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Texas does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
X Texas does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Texas does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Texas does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Texas does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
X Texas does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
X Texas does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
X Texas does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Millheim, TX ( 3.78 mi. )
- Burleigh, TX ( 4.66 mi. )
- San Felipe, TX ( 6.56 mi. )
- Sealy, TX ( 6.63 mi. )
- Bellville, TX ( 7.45 mi. )
- Cat Spring, TX ( 8.40 mi. )
- Frydek, TX ( 9.43 mi. )
- Bellview, TX ( 9.89 mi. )
- Bellvue, TX ( 9.89 mi. )
- Monaville, TX ( 10.84 mi. )
- Raccoon Bend, TX ( 10.97 mi. )
- Cochran, TX ( 12.15 mi. )
- Buckhorn, TX ( 12.36 mi. )
- Pattison, TX ( 12.91 mi. )
- Brookshire, TX ( 15.07 mi. )
- Nelsonville, TX ( 15.26 mi. )
- Kenney, TX ( 15.44 mi. )
- Pine Island, TX ( 16.59 mi. )
- Simonton, TX ( 16.96 mi. )
- Valley Lodge, TX ( 17.15 mi. )
- Chesterville, TX ( 17.31 mi. )
- Wallis, TX ( 17.40 mi. )
- Hempstead, TX ( 17.84 mi. )
- New Ulm, TX ( 18.34 mi. )
- Bleiblerville, TX ( 18.66 mi. )
- Prairie View, TX ( 19.50 mi. )
- Chappell Hill, TX ( 19.97 mi. )
- Industry, TX ( 20.23 mi. )
- Weston Lakes, TX ( 20.31 mi. )
- Eagle Lake, TX ( 20.62 mi. )
- Alleyton, TX ( 20.86 mi. )
- Welcome, TX ( 20.90 mi. )
- Waller, TX ( 21.05 mi. )
- Lissie, TX ( 21.11 mi. )
- Katy, TX ( 21.58 mi. )
- Fulshear, TX ( 21.67 mi. )
- Orchard, TX ( 22.00 mi. )
- Hockley, TX ( 23.49 mi. )
- Brenham, TX ( 24.13 mi. )
- East Bernard, TX ( 24.36 mi. )
- Columbus, TX ( 24.63 mi. )
- Tavener, TX ( 25.05 mi. )
- Hockley Mine, TX ( 25.37 mi. )
- Altair, TX ( 25.58 mi. )
- Willow Springs, TX ( 25.75 mi. )
- Glidden, TX ( 26.69 mi. )
- Shelby, TX ( 27.04 mi. )
- Park Row, TX ( 27.27 mi. )
- Powell Point, TX ( 28.06 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 77474
TimeZone: Central (GMT -06:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 213.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 979