About Dalton, TX
Dalton, TX is located in Cass County in the state of Texas.
The total City Population for Dalton is about 2,876 with about 5 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $80,300, which is roughly 53% lower than the Average Home Value of $171,322 for the state of Texas, and roughly 63% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $40,948, which is roughly 35% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $62,903 for the state of Texas, and roughly 37% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.34
Male Population Estimate: 48.8%
Female Population Estimate: 51.2%
Median Age: 43.9
Male Median Age: 42.2
Female Median Age: 45.3
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Dalton specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Cass County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Cass County: About 320.07 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Cass County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 10% higher than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
Texas is ranked #47 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 17.01 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 13.36
The average living wage for the state of Texas is $30.75/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Texas a minimum wage score of 8.97 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13/hr, which gives Texas a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 8.97 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Texas is $150.80, resulting in a UI benefit score of 10.49 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X Texas does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Texas does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X Texas does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Texas does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Texas does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Texas does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Texas does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Texas does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Texas does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Texas does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Texas does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
X Texas does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Texas does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Texas does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Texas does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
X Texas does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
X Texas does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
X Texas does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Marietta, TX ( 3.81 mi. )
- Naples, TX ( 4.67 mi. )
- Cornett, TX ( 5.35 mi. )
- Bryans Mill, TX ( 6.08 mi. )
- Bassett, TX ( 8.01 mi. )
- Omaha, TX ( 8.43 mi. )
- Rocky Branch, TX ( 8.70 mi. )
- Simms, TX ( 11.30 mi. )
- Hughes Spgs, TX ( 11.47 mi. )
- Carbondale, TX ( 11.78 mi. )
- Carterville, TX ( 11.82 mi. )
- Old Union, TX ( 12.01 mi. )
- Dalby Springs, TX ( 12.30 mi. )
- Union Chapel, TX ( 13.98 mi. )
- Daingerfield, TX ( 14.13 mi. )
- Douglassville, TX ( 14.18 mi. )
- Hughes Springs, TX ( 14.37 mi. )
- Corley, TX ( 14.39 mi. )
- Cookville, TX ( 14.94 mi. )
- Maud, TX ( 16.86 mi. )
- Cason, TX ( 17.04 mi. )
- Old Boston, TX ( 17.26 mi. )
- Jenkins, TX ( 17.28 mi. )
- Argo, TX ( 17.56 mi. )
- Linden, TX ( 19.04 mi. )
- Beaver Dam, TX ( 19.13 mi. )
- College Hill, TX ( 19.13 mi. )
- Hodgson, TX ( 19.16 mi. )
- Boston, TX ( 19.23 mi. )
- Lone Star, TX ( 19.45 mi. )
- Wards Creek, TX ( 19.63 mi. )
- Malta, TX ( 20.04 mi. )
- Mt Pleasant, TX ( 20.28 mi. )
- New Colony, TX ( 20.34 mi. )
- New Boston, TX ( 20.48 mi. )
- De Kalb, TX ( 20.94 mi. )
- Avinger, TX ( 21.33 mi. )
- Mount Pleasant, TX ( 21.95 mi. )
- Redwater, TX ( 22.40 mi. )
- Lanier, TX ( 22.64 mi. )
- Ebenezer, TX ( 22.98 mi. )
- Whaley, TX ( 23.40 mi. )
- Red River Army Depot, TX ( 23.68 mi. )
- S Texarkana, TX ( 23.68 mi. )
- South Texarkana, TX ( 23.68 mi. )
- Harvard, TX ( 23.69 mi. )
- County Line, TX ( 24.44 mi. )
- Faker, TX ( 24.44 mi. )
- New Mine, TX ( 24.44 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 75568
TimeZone: Central (GMT -06:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 398.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 903, 430