About Piperton, TN
Piperton, TN is located in Fayette County in the state of Tennessee.
The total City Population for Piperton is about 2,521 with about 34 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $416,275, which is roughly 66% higher than the Average Home Value of $139,641 for the state of Tennessee, and roughly 55% higher than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $110,682, which is roughly 57% higher than the Average Median Income Per Household of $47,415 for the state of Tennessee, and roughly 48% higher higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 1.43
Male Population Estimate: 47.5%
Female Population Estimate: 52.5%
Median Age: 54.4
Male Median Age: 19.4
Female Median Age: 20.0
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Piperton specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Fayette County: About 20.851 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Fayette County: About 1346.15 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Fayette County is about 81% higher than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 79% higher than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Piperton is about 6.2%.
Tennessee is ranked #44 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 23.34 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 10.42
The average living wage for the state of Tennessee is $28.97/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Tennessee a minimum wage score of 16.5 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13/hr, which gives Tennessee a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 8.97 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Tennessee is $145.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 12.47 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Tennessee does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Tennessee does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X Tennessee does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Tennessee does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Tennessee does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Tennessee does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Tennessee does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Tennessee does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Tennessee does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Tennessee does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Tennessee does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
X Tennessee does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Tennessee does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X Tennessee does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Tennessee does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Tennessee does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Tennessee does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Tennessee does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Rossville, TN ( 3.00 mi. )
- Colliervl, TN ( 3.21 mi. )
- Colliervle, TN ( 3.21 mi. )
- Collierville, TN ( 5.07 mi. )
- Fisherville, TN ( 8.08 mi. )
- Mount Pleasant, MS ( 8.21 mi. )
- Taska, MS ( 9.46 mi. )
- Macon, TN ( 9.74 mi. )
- Germantown, TN ( 10.04 mi. )
- Eads, TN ( 10.82 mi. )
- Cordova, TN ( 11.88 mi. )
- Slayden, MS ( 11.93 mi. )
- Moscow, TN ( 12.44 mi. )
- Oakland, TN ( 12.71 mi. )
- Byhalia, MS ( 13.37 mi. )
- Hickory Hill, TN ( 14.21 mi. )
- Victoria, MS ( 14.68 mi. )
- Arlington, TN ( 14.76 mi. )
- Olive Branch, MS ( 14.82 mi. )
- Mineral Wells, MS ( 15.10 mi. )
- Williston, TN ( 15.14 mi. )
- Red Banks, MS ( 15.17 mi. )
- Lakeland, TN ( 15.88 mi. )
- Bartlett, TN ( 17.32 mi. )
- Ellendale, TN ( 17.41 mi. )
- Brunswick, TN ( 17.43 mi. )
- Somerville, TN ( 17.85 mi. )
- Earlygrove, MS ( 18.67 mi. )
- Gallaway, TN ( 19.06 mi. )
- University Of Memphis, TN ( 19.12 mi. )
- Lamar, MS ( 19.20 mi. )
- Mt Pleasant, MS ( 19.84 mi. )
- Memphis, TN ( 20.57 mi. )
- La Grange, TN ( 20.81 mi. )
- Michigan City, MS ( 20.85 mi. )
- Holly Springs, MS ( 21.06 mi. )
- Holly Spgs, MS ( 21.57 mi. )
- Braden, TN ( 22.01 mi. )
- Southaven, MS ( 22.01 mi. )
- Jago, MS ( 22.26 mi. )
- Wakefield, MS ( 22.54 mi. )
- Mem, TN ( 22.94 mi. )
- Mphs, TN ( 22.94 mi. )
- Rosemark, TN ( 23.39 mi. )
- Grand Jct, TN ( 23.67 mi. )
- Grand Junction, TN ( 23.75 mi. )
- Wallhill, MS ( 23.86 mi. )
- Barretville, TN ( 23.91 mi. )
- Naval Hospital, TN ( 24.79 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 38017, 38066 (2 Total Zip Codes)
TimeZone: Central (GMT -06:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 332.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 901