About Virgil, SD
Virgil, SD is located in Beadle County in the state of South Dakota.
The total City Population for Virgil is about 29 with about 10 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $103,312 for Beadle County, which is roughly 100% lower than the Average Home Value of $102,658 for the state of South Dakota, and roughly 100% lower than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $50,000, which is roughly 8% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $54,396 for the state of South Dakota, and roughly 13% lower higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.27
Male Population Estimate: 41.4%
Female Population Estimate: 58.6%
Median Age: 44.5
Male Median Age: 48.0
Female Median Age: 44.5
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Virgil specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Beadle County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Beadle County: About 258.159 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Beadle County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 10% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
South Dakota is ranked #28 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 43.27 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 60.25
The average living wage for the state of South Dakota is $29.19/hr, while the states minimum wage is $9.45/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives South Dakota a minimum wage score of 54.67 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $4.73/hr, which gives South Dakota a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 35.55 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for South Dakota is $189.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 41.23 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X South Dakota does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ South Dakota does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X South Dakota does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X South Dakota does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X South Dakota does provide some form of paid family leave.
X South Dakota does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X South Dakota does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X South Dakota does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X South Dakota does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X South Dakota does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ South Dakota does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ South Dakota does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X South Dakota does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X South Dakota does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X South Dakota does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ South Dakota does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ South Dakota does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ South Dakota does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Alpena, SD ( 8.01 mi. )
- Wolsey, SD ( 8.57 mi. )
- Dakota Central Mpc, SD ( 11.69 mi. )
- United States Postal Service, SD ( 11.69 mi. )
- Huron, SD ( 11.85 mi. )
- James Valley, SD ( 13.85 mi. )
- Lake Byron, SD ( 13.85 mi. )
- Broadland, SD ( 14.57 mi. )
- Lane, SD ( 15.27 mi. )
- Wessington Springs, SD ( 16.17 mi. )
- Wessington, SD ( 17.47 mi. )
- Wessingtn Spg, SD ( 18.03 mi. )
- Woonsocket, SD ( 18.07 mi. )
- Cavour, SD ( 19.80 mi. )
- Bonilla, SD ( 20.46 mi. )
- Huron Colony, SD ( 21.77 mi. )
- Danforth, SD ( 22.68 mi. )
- Vayland, SD ( 23.06 mi. )
- Hitchcock, SD ( 23.39 mi. )
- Yale, SD ( 23.81 mi. )
- Forestburg, SD ( 24.60 mi. )
- Saint Lawrence, SD ( 25.10 mi. )
- St Lawrence, SD ( 25.10 mi. )
- Bloomfield, SD ( 28.61 mi. )
- Iroquois, SD ( 29.04 mi. )
- Storla, SD ( 29.81 mi. )
- Letcher, SD ( 30.46 mi. )
- Spottwood, SD ( 30.74 mi. )
- Tulare, SD ( 31.14 mi. )
- Artesian, SD ( 31.70 mi. )
- Miller, SD ( 31.82 mi. )
- Spink Colony, SD ( 32.08 mi. )
- Esmond, SD ( 32.50 mi. )
- Ames, SD ( 32.52 mi. )
- Gann Valley, SD ( 32.99 mi. )
- Como, SD ( 34.46 mi. )
- Carpenter, SD ( 34.73 mi. )
- Manchester, SD ( 35.33 mi. )
- Bancroft, SD ( 36.11 mi. )
- Carthage, SD ( 36.25 mi. )
- Bailey, SD ( 37.10 mi. )
- Fedora, SD ( 37.21 mi. )
- Loomis, SD ( 37.94 mi. )
- Lyonville, SD ( 39.23 mi. )
- Plankinton, SD ( 39.83 mi. )
- Redfield, SD ( 40.41 mi. )
- Mount Vernon, SD ( 40.77 mi. )
- Frankfort, SD ( 40.93 mi. )
- Clark Colony, SD ( 40.94 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 57379
TimeZone: Central (GMT -06:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 1377.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 605