About Rockerville, SD
Rockerville, SD is located in Pennington County in the state of South Dakota.
The total City Population for Rockerville is about 76,442 with about 9 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $193,650, which is roughly 37% higher than the Average Home Value of $121,873 for the state of South Dakota, and roughly 11% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $58,055, which is roughly 1% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $58,506 for the state of South Dakota, and roughly 11% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.32
Male Population Estimate: 49.6%
Female Population Estimate: 50.4%
Median Age: 38.6
Male Median Age: 37.2
Female Median Age: 40.1
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Rockerville specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Pennington County: About 4.29843 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Pennington County: About 561.73 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Pennington County is about 8% higher than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 49% higher than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
South Dakota is ranked #28 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 43.27 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 60.25
The average living wage for the state of South Dakota is $29.19/hr, while the states minimum wage is $9.45/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives South Dakota a minimum wage score of 54.67 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $4.73/hr, which gives South Dakota a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 35.55 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for South Dakota is $189.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 41.23 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X South Dakota does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ South Dakota does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X South Dakota does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X South Dakota does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X South Dakota does provide some form of paid family leave.
X South Dakota does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X South Dakota does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X South Dakota does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X South Dakota does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X South Dakota does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ South Dakota does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ South Dakota does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X South Dakota does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X South Dakota does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X South Dakota does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ South Dakota does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ South Dakota does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ South Dakota does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Pactola Lake, SD ( 4.34 mi. )
- Keystone, SD ( 5.52 mi. )
- Hisega, SD ( 6.92 mi. )
- Rapid City, SD ( 10.42 mi. )
- Hill City, SD ( 10.62 mi. )
- Hermosa, SD ( 11.59 mi. )
- Silver City, SD ( 13.42 mi. )
- Jolly Acres, SD ( 13.96 mi. )
- Old Town, SD ( 13.96 mi. )
- Black Hawk, SD ( 15.07 mi. )
- Hayward, SD ( 15.37 mi. )
- Summerset, SD ( 16.13 mi. )
- Mystic, SD ( 16.28 mi. )
- Box Elder, SD ( 17.37 mi. )
- Piedmont, SD ( 17.66 mi. )
- Nemo, SD ( 17.85 mi. )
- Custer, SD ( 17.88 mi. )
- Ellsworth AFB, SD ( 18.67 mi. )
- Caputa, SD ( 18.77 mi. )
- Bethlehem, SD ( 19.86 mi. )
- Grashul, SD ( 19.86 mi. )
- Fairburn, SD ( 20.15 mi. )
- Greenwood, SD ( 20.72 mi. )
- Rochford, SD ( 21.29 mi. )
- Sanator, SD ( 21.85 mi. )
- Fleming, SD ( 22.44 mi. )
- Farmingdale, SD ( 23.59 mi. )
- Tilford, SD ( 23.90 mi. )
- Deerfield, SD ( 23.98 mi. )
- Bakerville, SD ( 25.85 mi. )
- Bluebell, SD ( 25.85 mi. )
- Crazy Horse, SD ( 25.85 mi. )
- Game Lodge, SD ( 25.85 mi. )
- Harney Peak, SD ( 25.85 mi. )
- Sylvan Lake, SD ( 25.85 mi. )
- Folsom, SD ( 25.98 mi. )
- Roubaix, SD ( 26.73 mi. )
- Pringle, SD ( 26.82 mi. )
- New Underwood, SD ( 27.49 mi. )
- Red Shirt, SD ( 30.45 mi. )
- Viewfield, SD ( 31.55 mi. )
- Fort Meade, SD ( 31.91 mi. )
- Sturgis, SD ( 32.02 mi. )
- Buffalo Gap, SD ( 32.24 mi. )
- Clough, SD ( 33.10 mi. )
- Pluma, SD ( 33.45 mi. )
- Lead, SD ( 33.95 mi. )
- Deadwood, SD ( 34.63 mi. )
- Central City, SD ( 34.93 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 57702
TimeZone: Mountain (GMT -07:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 3922.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 605