About Woodward, SC
Woodward, SC is located in Fairfield County in the state of South Carolina.
The total City Population for Woodward is about 1,891 with about 1 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $130,300, which is roughly 17% lower than the Average Home Value of $157,464 for the state of South Carolina, and roughly 40% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $54,128, which is roughly 3% higher than the Average Median Income Per Household of $52,553 for the state of South Carolina, and roughly 17% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.53
Male Population Estimate: 50.1%
Female Population Estimate: 49.9%
Median Age: 42.8
Male Median Age: 42.7
Female Median Age: 42.8
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Woodward specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Fairfield County: About 9.72767 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Fairfield County: About 688.792 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Fairfield County is about 59% higher than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 58% higher than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
South Carolina is ranked #48 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 12.12 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 1.13
The average living wage for the state of South Carolina is $33.18/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives South Carolina a minimum wage score of 0 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13/hr, which gives South Carolina a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 8.97 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for South Carolina is $145.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 0.04 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ South Carolina does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ South Carolina does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X South Carolina does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X South Carolina does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X South Carolina does provide some form of paid family leave.
X South Carolina does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X South Carolina does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X South Carolina does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X South Carolina does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X South Carolina does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ South Carolina does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
X South Carolina does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X South Carolina does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X South Carolina does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X South Carolina does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
X South Carolina does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
X South Carolina does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
X South Carolina does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Blackstock, SC ( 2.41 mi. )
- Cornwell, SC ( 5.54 mi. )
- Douglass, SC ( 6.46 mi. )
- Stover, SC ( 8.83 mi. )
- Winnsboro, SC ( 11.69 mi. )
- Chester, SC ( 12.50 mi. )
- Winnsboro Mills, SC ( 13.14 mi. )
- Greenbrier, SC ( 13.32 mi. )
- Monticello, SC ( 14.07 mi. )
- Leeds, SC ( 14.59 mi. )
- Blair, SC ( 14.73 mi. )
- Beckhamville, SC ( 14.96 mi. )
- Rion, SC ( 15.44 mi. )
- Great Falls, SC ( 15.52 mi. )
- Richburg, SC ( 15.67 mi. )
- Jenkinsville, SC ( 16.22 mi. )
- Carlisle, SC ( 17.25 mi. )
- Tuckertown, SC ( 17.88 mi. )
- Ft Lawn, SC ( 18.36 mi. )
- Glympville, SC ( 19.27 mi. )
- Ridgeway, SC ( 19.43 mi. )
- Lando, SC ( 19.48 mi. )
- Fort Lawn, SC ( 19.55 mi. )
- Smallwood, SC ( 21.08 mi. )
- Edgemoor, SC ( 21.26 mi. )
- Peak, SC ( 22.01 mi. )
- Longtown, SC ( 22.72 mi. )
- Pomaria, SC ( 22.82 mi. )
- Mc Connells, SC ( 23.40 mi. )
- McConnells, SC ( 23.83 mi. )
- Blythewood, SC ( 24.05 mi. )
- Lockhart, SC ( 24.60 mi. )
- Stoneboro, SC ( 24.73 mi. )
- Whitmire, SC ( 25.25 mi. )
- Little Mtn, SC ( 25.64 mi. )
- Lancaster, SC ( 26.07 mi. )
- Little Mountain, SC ( 26.64 mi. )
- Catawba, SC ( 26.69 mi. )
- Chapin, SC ( 26.90 mi. )
- White Rock, SC ( 27.06 mi. )
- Elgin, SC ( 27.47 mi. )
- Slighs, SC ( 27.72 mi. )
- Ballentine, SC ( 28.08 mi. )
- Pleasant Hill, SC ( 28.40 mi. )
- Heath Springs, SC ( 28.60 mi. )
- Lake Murray, SC ( 28.63 mi. )
- Union, SC ( 29.10 mi. )
- Irmo, SC ( 29.42 mi. )
- Winthrop University, SC ( 29.49 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 29014
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 448.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 803