About Wateree, SC
Wateree, SC is located in Richland County in the state of South Carolina.
The total City Population for Wateree is about 5,652 with about 3 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $94,200, which is roughly 40% lower than the Average Home Value of $157,464 for the state of South Carolina, and roughly 57% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $40,593, which is roughly 23% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $52,553 for the state of South Carolina, and roughly 38% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.54
Male Population Estimate: 48.9%
Female Population Estimate: 51.1%
Median Age: 42
Male Median Age: 40.7
Female Median Age: 43.4
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Wateree specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Richland County: About 11.1914 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Richland County: About 796.201 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Richland County is about 65% higher than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 64% higher than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
South Carolina is ranked #48 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 12.12 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 1.13
The average living wage for the state of South Carolina is $33.18/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives South Carolina a minimum wage score of 0 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13/hr, which gives South Carolina a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 8.97 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for South Carolina is $145.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 0.04 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ South Carolina does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ South Carolina does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X South Carolina does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X South Carolina does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X South Carolina does provide some form of paid family leave.
X South Carolina does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X South Carolina does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X South Carolina does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X South Carolina does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X South Carolina does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ South Carolina does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
X South Carolina does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X South Carolina does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X South Carolina does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X South Carolina does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
X South Carolina does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
X South Carolina does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
X South Carolina does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Kingville, SC ( 3.46 mi. )
- Fort Motte, SC ( 5.67 mi. )
- Eastover, SC ( 5.90 mi. )
- Gadsden, SC ( 7.92 mi. )
- Wedgefield, SC ( 8.73 mi. )
- McEntire Air National Guard, SC ( 9.17 mi. )
- Mcentire Jngb, SC ( 9.17 mi. )
- Singleton, SC ( 9.54 mi. )
- Pinewood, SC ( 11.09 mi. )
- Congaree, SC ( 11.28 mi. )
- Saint Matthews, SC ( 11.54 mi. )
- St Matthews, SC ( 11.54 mi. )
- Millford, SC ( 11.82 mi. )
- Rimini, SC ( 12.34 mi. )
- Lone Star, SC ( 12.84 mi. )
- Stateburg, SC ( 13.24 mi. )
- Hopkins, SC ( 14.23 mi. )
- Creston, SC ( 14.49 mi. )
- Hammond Crossroads, SC ( 14.91 mi. )
- Leesburg, SC ( 14.98 mi. )
- Horatio, SC ( 15.35 mi. )
- Horrel Hill, SC ( 15.44 mi. )
- Shaw AFB, SC ( 15.49 mi. )
- Panola, SC ( 16.63 mi. )
- Paxville, SC ( 16.67 mi. )
- Sumter, SC ( 16.71 mi. )
- Bon Air, SC ( 16.90 mi. )
- Frens, SC ( 16.90 mi. )
- Highway Four Forty One, SC ( 16.90 mi. )
- Hoyt Heights, SC ( 16.90 mi. )
- Hagood, SC ( 17.66 mi. )
- Cameron, SC ( 17.77 mi. )
- Jamison, SC ( 18.68 mi. )
- Dalzell, SC ( 18.85 mi. )
- Elloree, SC ( 19.50 mi. )
- Capitol View, SC ( 19.64 mi. )
- Dunkins Mill, SC ( 19.74 mi. )
- Borden, SC ( 20.17 mi. )
- Cedar Terrace, SC ( 20.20 mi. )
- Eastmont, SC ( 20.20 mi. )
- Galaxy, SC ( 20.20 mi. )
- Hazelwood Acres, SC ( 20.20 mi. )
- Mountain Brook, SC ( 20.20 mi. )
- Twin Lake Hill, SC ( 20.20 mi. )
- Gaillard Crossroads, SC ( 20.36 mi. )
- Bluff Estates, SC ( 21.29 mi. )
- Rembert, SC ( 21.37 mi. )
- Brogdon, SC ( 21.52 mi. )
- North Pointe, SC ( 21.57 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 29044
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 301.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 803