About Ward, SC
Ward, SC is located in Saluda County in the state of South Carolina.
The total City Population for Ward is about 217 with about 108 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $88,900, which is roughly 44% lower than the Average Home Value of $157,464 for the state of South Carolina, and roughly 59% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $51,875, which is roughly 1% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $52,553 for the state of South Carolina, and roughly 20% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.43
Male Population Estimate: 45.6%
Female Population Estimate: 54.4%
Median Age: 49.3
Male Median Age: 39.2
Female Median Age: 42.9
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Ward specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Saluda County: About 7.9 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2017)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Saluda County: About 312.275 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Saluda County is about 50% higher than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 8% higher than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Ward is about 1.9%.
South Carolina is ranked #48 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 12.12 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 1.13
The average living wage for the state of South Carolina is $33.18/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives South Carolina a minimum wage score of 0 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13/hr, which gives South Carolina a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 8.97 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for South Carolina is $145.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 0.04 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ South Carolina does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ South Carolina does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X South Carolina does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X South Carolina does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X South Carolina does provide some form of paid family leave.
X South Carolina does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X South Carolina does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X South Carolina does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X South Carolina does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X South Carolina does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ South Carolina does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
X South Carolina does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X South Carolina does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X South Carolina does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X South Carolina does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
X South Carolina does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
X South Carolina does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
X South Carolina does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Ridge Spring, SC ( 4.08 mi. )
- Johnston, SC ( 4.56 mi. )
- Monetta, SC ( 6.97 mi. )
- Hibernia, SC ( 8.60 mi. )
- Emory, SC ( 9.12 mi. )
- Fruit Hill, SC ( 9.23 mi. )
- Watsonia, SC ( 9.77 mi. )
- Batesburg, SC ( 9.88 mi. )
- Batsbrg Levil, SC ( 9.88 mi. )
- Holtson Crossroads, SC ( 9.88 mi. )
- Summerland, SC ( 9.88 mi. )
- Saluda, SC ( 10.18 mi. )
- Trenton, SC ( 10.23 mi. )
- Eureka, SC ( 11.46 mi. )
- Richland Springs, SC ( 11.65 mi. )
- Edgefield, SC ( 12.34 mi. )
- Jones Crossroads, SC ( 12.47 mi. )
- Kneece, SC ( 12.66 mi. )
- Meeting Street, SC ( 12.70 mi. )
- Samaria, SC ( 14.72 mi. )
- Pleasant Lane, SC ( 15.39 mi. )
- Delmar, SC ( 16.42 mi. )
- Leesville, SC ( 17.38 mi. )
- Vaucluse, SC ( 17.49 mi. )
- Steedman, SC ( 17.52 mi. )
- New Holland, SC ( 17.81 mi. )
- New Holland Crossroads, SC ( 17.99 mi. )
- Summit, SC ( 18.29 mi. )
- Cleora, SC ( 18.30 mi. )
- Gilbert, SC ( 19.95 mi. )
- Lake Murray Shores, SC ( 20.64 mi. )
- Graniteville, SC ( 20.68 mi. )
- Seivern, SC ( 20.90 mi. )
- Stiefeltown, SC ( 21.37 mi. )
- Warrenville, SC ( 21.84 mi. )
- Fairview Crossroads, SC ( 22.27 mi. )
- Mixville, SC ( 22.30 mi. )
- Colliers, SC ( 22.37 mi. )
- Aiken, SC ( 22.58 mi. )
- Bethcar, SC ( 23.13 mi. )
- H L Crossroads, SC ( 23.13 mi. )
- Rocky Springs, SC ( 23.13 mi. )
- Stoney Hill, SC ( 23.21 mi. )
- Gloverville, SC ( 23.27 mi. )
- Montmorenci, SC ( 23.39 mi. )
- Chappells, SC ( 23.59 mi. )
- Kitchings Mill, SC ( 24.15 mi. )
- Langley, SC ( 24.57 mi. )
- Burnettown, SC ( 24.59 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 29166
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 531.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 803