About Singleton, SC
Singleton, SC is located in Calhoun County in the state of South Carolina.
The total City Population for Singleton is about 8,919 with about 6 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $89,100, which is roughly 43% lower than the Average Home Value of $157,464 for the state of South Carolina, and roughly 59% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $42,426, which is roughly 19% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $52,553 for the state of South Carolina, and roughly 35% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.49
Male Population Estimate: 48.1%
Female Population Estimate: 51.9%
Median Age: 42
Male Median Age: 40.6
Female Median Age: 43.5
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Singleton specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Calhoun County: About 11.1 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2016)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Calhoun County: About 312.617 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Calhoun County is about 64% higher than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 8% higher than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
South Carolina is ranked #48 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 12.12 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 1.13
The average living wage for the state of South Carolina is $33.18/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives South Carolina a minimum wage score of 0 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13/hr, which gives South Carolina a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 8.97 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for South Carolina is $145.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 0.04 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ South Carolina does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ South Carolina does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X South Carolina does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X South Carolina does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X South Carolina does provide some form of paid family leave.
X South Carolina does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X South Carolina does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X South Carolina does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X South Carolina does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X South Carolina does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ South Carolina does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
X South Carolina does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X South Carolina does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X South Carolina does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X South Carolina does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
X South Carolina does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
X South Carolina does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
X South Carolina does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Fort Motte, SC ( 3.87 mi. )
- Saint Matthews, SC ( 5.36 mi. )
- St Matthews, SC ( 5.36 mi. )
- Kingville, SC ( 8.05 mi. )
- Creston, SC ( 8.06 mi. )
- Hammond Crossroads, SC ( 8.33 mi. )
- Jamison, SC ( 9.14 mi. )
- Lone Star, SC ( 9.27 mi. )
- Cameron, SC ( 9.30 mi. )
- Wateree, SC ( 9.54 mi. )
- Gadsden, SC ( 10.97 mi. )
- Eastover, SC ( 12.98 mi. )
- Rimini, SC ( 13.26 mi. )
- Elloree, SC ( 14.42 mi. )
- SC State University, SC ( 15.01 mi. )
- Congaree, SC ( 15.15 mi. )
- Millford, SC ( 15.64 mi. )
- Pinewood, SC ( 15.71 mi. )
- McEntire Air National Guard, SC ( 15.85 mi. )
- Mcentire Jngb, SC ( 15.85 mi. )
- Orangeburg, SC ( 15.87 mi. )
- Hopkins, SC ( 16.08 mi. )
- Pecan Way Terrace, SC ( 16.46 mi. )
- Edisto, SC ( 17.75 mi. )
- Wedgefield, SC ( 18.01 mi. )
- Panola, SC ( 18.44 mi. )
- Felderville, SC ( 19.06 mi. )
- Horrel Hill, SC ( 19.07 mi. )
- Parlers, SC ( 19.23 mi. )
- Santee, SC ( 20.29 mi. )
- Cordova, SC ( 20.93 mi. )
- Cedar Terrace, SC ( 21.23 mi. )
- Eastmont, SC ( 21.23 mi. )
- Galaxy, SC ( 21.23 mi. )
- Hazelwood Acres, SC ( 21.23 mi. )
- Mountain Brook, SC ( 21.23 mi. )
- Twin Lake Hill, SC ( 21.23 mi. )
- Paxville, SC ( 21.55 mi. )
- Swansea, SC ( 21.83 mi. )
- Capitol View, SC ( 21.85 mi. )
- Bluff Estates, SC ( 22.01 mi. )
- North, SC ( 22.09 mi. )
- Bolen Town, SC ( 22.32 mi. )
- Leesburg, SC ( 22.44 mi. )
- Summerton, SC ( 22.55 mi. )
- Stateburg, SC ( 22.76 mi. )
- Rowesville, SC ( 22.93 mi. )
- Gaston, SC ( 22.96 mi. )
- Goat Island Resort, SC ( 23.04 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 29135
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 285.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 803