About Blair, SC
Blair, SC is located in Fairfield County in the state of South Carolina.
The total City Population for Blair is about 1,738 with about 2 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $59,300, which is roughly 56% lower than the Average Home Value of $135,244 for the state of South Carolina, and roughly 69% lower than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $30,368, which is roughly 34% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $46,131 for the state of South Carolina, and roughly 47% lower higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.71
Male Population Estimate: 47.2%
Female Population Estimate: 52.8%
Median Age: 42.2
Male Median Age: 41.2
Female Median Age: 42.9
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Blair specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Fairfield County: About 11.3321 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Fairfield County: About 725.718 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Fairfield County is about 65% higher than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 60% higher than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
South Carolina is ranked #48 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 12.12 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 1.13
The average living wage for the state of South Carolina is $33.18/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives South Carolina a minimum wage score of 0 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13/hr, which gives South Carolina a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 8.97 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for South Carolina is $145.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 0.04 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ South Carolina does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ South Carolina does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X South Carolina does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X South Carolina does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X South Carolina does provide some form of paid family leave.
X South Carolina does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X South Carolina does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X South Carolina does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X South Carolina does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X South Carolina does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ South Carolina does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
X South Carolina does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X South Carolina does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X South Carolina does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X South Carolina does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
X South Carolina does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
X South Carolina does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
X South Carolina does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Glympville, SC ( 6.48 mi. )
- Monticello, SC ( 7.33 mi. )
- Douglass, SC ( 8.79 mi. )
- Tuckertown, SC ( 8.86 mi. )
- Jenkinsville, SC ( 9.73 mi. )
- Pomaria, SC ( 10.70 mi. )
- Carlisle, SC ( 12.40 mi. )
- Peak, SC ( 13.35 mi. )
- Whitmire, SC ( 13.67 mi. )
- Leeds, SC ( 14.37 mi. )
- Woodward, SC ( 14.73 mi. )
- Newberry, SC ( 15.17 mi. )
- Little Mountain, SC ( 15.54 mi. )
- Slighs, SC ( 15.70 mi. )
- Little Mtn, SC ( 16.15 mi. )
- Prosperity, SC ( 16.43 mi. )
- Blackstock, SC ( 16.80 mi. )
- Stockman, SC ( 17.15 mi. )
- Rion, SC ( 17.35 mi. )
- Winnsboro, SC ( 17.74 mi. )
- Cornwell, SC ( 17.81 mi. )
- Chapin, SC ( 17.95 mi. )
- Winnsboro Mills, SC ( 19.08 mi. )
- Greenbrier, SC ( 19.68 mi. )
- Lake Murray, SC ( 19.83 mi. )
- White Rock, SC ( 20.28 mi. )
- Stoney Hill, SC ( 20.29 mi. )
- Kinards, SC ( 21.90 mi. )
- Chester, SC ( 22.17 mi. )
- Ballentine, SC ( 22.43 mi. )
- Silverstreet, SC ( 22.97 mi. )
- Stover, SC ( 23.26 mi. )
- Joanna, SC ( 23.49 mi. )
- Lake Murray Shores, SC ( 24.45 mi. )
- Union, SC ( 24.57 mi. )
- Irmo, SC ( 24.87 mi. )
- Harbison, SC ( 25.64 mi. )
- Lockhart, SC ( 25.86 mi. )
- Ridgeway, SC ( 26.09 mi. )
- Buffalo, SC ( 26.57 mi. )
- Clinton, SC ( 26.91 mi. )
- Smallwood, SC ( 27.16 mi. )
- Blythewood, SC ( 27.21 mi. )
- Delmar, SC ( 28.64 mi. )
- Whitehall, SC ( 28.95 mi. )
- Bendale, SC ( 29.34 mi. )
- Crafts Farrow, SC ( 29.34 mi. )
- Eau Claire, SC ( 29.34 mi. )
- Fairfield Terrace, SC ( 29.34 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 29015
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 375.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 803