About Tomb, PA
Tomb, PA is located in Lycoming County in the state of Pennsylvania.
The total City Population for Tomb is about 12,754 with about 2 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $141,400, which is roughly 11% lower than the Average Home Value of $159,612 for the state of Pennsylvania, and roughly 25% lower than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $54,614, which is roughly 6% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $57,812 for the state of Pennsylvania, and roughly 5% lower higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.51
Male Population Estimate: 49.2%
Female Population Estimate: 50.8%
Median Age: 41.1
Male Median Age: 40.0
Female Median Age: 41.9
Racial Demographic Estimates
Bob Casey Jr.
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Tomb specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Lycoming County: About 8.94008 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Lycoming County: About 211.991 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Lycoming County is about 56% higher than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 26% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
Pennsylvania is ranked #30 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 38.46 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 20.1
The average living wage for the state of Pennsylvania is $29.08/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Pennsylvania a minimum wage score of 16.01 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.83/hr, which gives Pennsylvania a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 21.41 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Pennsylvania is $157.74, resulting in a UI benefit score of 20.67 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X Pennsylvania does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Pennsylvania does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X Pennsylvania does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Pennsylvania does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Pennsylvania does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Pennsylvania does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Pennsylvania does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Pennsylvania does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Pennsylvania does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Pennsylvania does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Pennsylvania does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Pennsylvania does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Pennsylvania does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Pennsylvania does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ Pennsylvania does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Pennsylvania does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Pennsylvania does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Pennsylvania does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Ramsey, PA ( 2.50 mi. )
- Pine Creek, PA ( 3.88 mi. )
- Avis, PA ( 4.36 mi. )
- Jersey Shore, PA ( 4.53 mi. )
- Waterville, PA ( 4.60 mi. )
- Woolrich, PA ( 4.91 mi. )
- Crestmont, PA ( 5.49 mi. )
- Salladasburg, PA ( 5.58 mi. )
- Larryville, PA ( 5.74 mi. )
- Piatt, PA ( 5.96 mi. )
- Cummings, PA ( 6.08 mi. )
- Caldwell, PA ( 6.23 mi. )
- Larrys Creek, PA ( 6.23 mi. )
- Sagamore Hill, PA ( 6.23 mi. )
- Sunset Pines, PA ( 6.23 mi. )
- McElhattan, PA ( 6.63 mi. )
- Antes Fort, PA ( 6.64 mi. )
- Youngdale, PA ( 7.06 mi. )
- Swissdale, PA ( 7.34 mi. )
- Pine Run, PA ( 7.81 mi. )
- Dunnstown, PA ( 8.42 mi. )
- Mc Elhattan, PA ( 8.50 mi. )
- Jersey Mills, PA ( 8.57 mi. )
- Level Corner, PA ( 8.81 mi. )
- Haneyville, PA ( 9.34 mi. )
- Oriole, PA ( 9.58 mi. )
- Rauchtown, PA ( 9.67 mi. )
- Castanea, PA ( 9.89 mi. )
- Lock Haven, PA ( 10.09 mi. )
- Oval, PA ( 10.35 mi. )
- Crawford, PA ( 10.54 mi. )
- Colebrook, PA ( 10.55 mi. )
- Farrandsville, PA ( 10.87 mi. )
- Carsontown, PA ( 11.01 mi. )
- Flemington, PA ( 11.20 mi. )
- Nisbet, PA ( 11.30 mi. )
- English Ctr, PA ( 11.31 mi. )
- Pine Village, PA ( 11.31 mi. )
- Bastress, PA ( 11.39 mi. )
- Collomsville, PA ( 11.83 mi. )
- Lycoming, PA ( 11.92 mi. )
- Quiggleville, PA ( 12.51 mi. )
- Rote, PA ( 12.55 mi. )
- White Pine, PA ( 12.60 mi. )
- Cammal, PA ( 12.81 mi. )
- Old Lycoming, PA ( 12.92 mi. )
- Mill Hall, PA ( 13.01 mi. )
- Lamar, PA ( 13.17 mi. )
- Rosecrans, PA ( 13.32 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 17740
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 1017.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 570, 272