About Tell, PA
Tell, PA is located in Huntingdon County in the state of Pennsylvania.
The total City Population for Tell is about 678 with about 6 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $168,181, which is roughly 6% lower than the Average Home Value of $178,061 for the state of Pennsylvania, and roughly 23% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $67,188, which is roughly 2% higher than the Average Median Income Per Household of $66,082 for the state of Pennsylvania, and roughly 3% higher higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.59
Male Population Estimate: 43.7%
Female Population Estimate: 56.3%
Median Age: 51.9
Male Median Age: 41.8
Female Median Age: 43.3
Racial Demographic Estimates
Bob Casey Jr.
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Tell specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Huntingdon County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Huntingdon County: About 182.209 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Huntingdon County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 37% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Tell is about 4.4%.
Pennsylvania is ranked #30 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 38.46 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 20.1
The average living wage for the state of Pennsylvania is $29.08/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Pennsylvania a minimum wage score of 16.01 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.83/hr, which gives Pennsylvania a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 21.41 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Pennsylvania is $157.74, resulting in a UI benefit score of 20.67 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X Pennsylvania does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Pennsylvania does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X Pennsylvania does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Pennsylvania does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Pennsylvania does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Pennsylvania does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Pennsylvania does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Pennsylvania does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Pennsylvania does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Pennsylvania does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Pennsylvania does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Pennsylvania does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Pennsylvania does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Pennsylvania does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ Pennsylvania does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Pennsylvania does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Pennsylvania does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Pennsylvania does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Shade Valley, PA ( 0.77 mi. )
- Nossville, PA ( 1.62 mi. )
- Richvale, PA ( 1.69 mi. )
- Blairs Mills, PA ( 3.52 mi. )
- Spears Grove, PA ( 3.77 mi. )
- Waterloo, PA ( 4.77 mi. )
- Doylesburg, PA ( 4.91 mi. )
- Fannett, PA ( 5.82 mi. )
- Shirleysburg, PA ( 6.08 mi. )
- Dry Run, PA ( 6.21 mi. )
- Orbisonia, PA ( 6.31 mi. )
- Rockhill Furnace, PA ( 6.66 mi. )
- Rockhill Furn, PA ( 6.66 mi. )
- Neelyton, PA ( 7.04 mi. )
- Shade Gap, PA ( 7.13 mi. )
- Aughwick, PA ( 7.17 mi. )
- Amberson, PA ( 7.83 mi. )
- Spring Run, PA ( 7.88 mi. )
- Pogue, PA ( 8.68 mi. )
- Lack, PA ( 8.92 mi. )
- E Waterford, PA ( 8.97 mi. )
- Ewaterfrd, PA ( 8.97 mi. )
- Ewtrford, PA ( 8.97 mi. )
- Scyoc, PA ( 8.97 mi. )
- Mt Union, PA ( 9.05 mi. )
- Silver Ford, PA ( 9.05 mi. )
- Allenport, PA ( 9.27 mi. )
- Perulack, PA ( 9.27 mi. )
- Toboyne, PA ( 9.78 mi. )
- Newton Hamilton, PA ( 9.95 mi. )
- New Germanton, PA ( 9.99 mi. )
- Newtn Hamltn, PA ( 10.01 mi. )
- Newton Hamltn, PA ( 10.01 mi. )
- Willow Hill, PA ( 10.24 mi. )
- Mount Union, PA ( 10.53 mi. )
- Meadow Gap, PA ( 10.58 mi. )
- Lucy Furnace, PA ( 11.14 mi. )
- New Germantown, PA ( 11.39 mi. )
- Three Springs, PA ( 11.67 mi. )
- East Waterford, PA ( 11.95 mi. )
- Lurgan, PA ( 12.18 mi. )
- Springtown, PA ( 12.35 mi. )
- Ryde, PA ( 12.42 mi. )
- Knightsville, PA ( 12.54 mi. )
- Saltillo, PA ( 12.59 mi. )
- Blacklog, PA ( 12.60 mi. )
- Boggstown, PA ( 12.72 mi. )
- Maddensville, PA ( 13.17 mi. )
- Birdville, PA ( 13.38 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 17213, 17255 (2 Total Zip Codes)
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 855.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 814