About Shortsville, PA
Shortsville, PA is located in Tioga County in the state of Pennsylvania.
The total City Population for Shortsville is about 1,256 with about 6 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $193,300, which is roughly 8% higher than the Average Home Value of $178,061 for the state of Pennsylvania, and roughly 11% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $62,500, which is roughly 5% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $66,082 for the state of Pennsylvania, and roughly 4% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.50
Male Population Estimate: 50.6%
Female Population Estimate: 49.4%
Median Age: 44.8
Male Median Age: 44.5
Female Median Age: 44.9
Racial Demographic Estimates
Bob Casey Jr.
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Shortsville specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Tioga County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Tioga County: About 119.822 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Tioga County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 58% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
Pennsylvania is ranked #30 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 38.46 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 20.1
The average living wage for the state of Pennsylvania is $29.08/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Pennsylvania a minimum wage score of 16.01 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.83/hr, which gives Pennsylvania a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 21.41 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Pennsylvania is $157.74, resulting in a UI benefit score of 20.67 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X Pennsylvania does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Pennsylvania does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X Pennsylvania does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Pennsylvania does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Pennsylvania does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Pennsylvania does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Pennsylvania does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Pennsylvania does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Pennsylvania does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Pennsylvania does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Pennsylvania does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Pennsylvania does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Pennsylvania does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Pennsylvania does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ Pennsylvania does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Pennsylvania does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Pennsylvania does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Pennsylvania does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Little Marsh, PA ( 2.22 mi. )
- Chatham, PA ( 2.48 mi. )
- Keeneyville, PA ( 2.90 mi. )
- Mdby Center, PA ( 3.25 mi. )
- Middlebry Ctr, PA ( 3.25 mi. )
- Middlebury Center, PA ( 4.69 mi. )
- Niles Valley, PA ( 4.71 mi. )
- Middlebury, PA ( 4.88 mi. )
- Deerfield, PA ( 6.36 mi. )
- Crooked Creek, PA ( 6.38 mi. )
- Stokesdale, PA ( 6.66 mi. )
- Asaph, PA ( 6.97 mi. )
- Knoxville, PA ( 7.63 mi. )
- Osceola, PA ( 7.88 mi. )
- Cowanesque, PA ( 8.41 mi. )
- Sabinsville, PA ( 8.47 mi. )
- Elkland, PA ( 8.81 mi. )
- Wellsboro, PA ( 8.82 mi. )
- Ansonia, PA ( 8.97 mi. )
- Knapp, PA ( 9.32 mi. )
- Stonyfork, PA ( 9.32 mi. )
- Nelson, PA ( 9.33 mi. )
- Pitts, PA ( 9.63 mi. )
- Westfield, PA ( 9.89 mi. )
- Charleston, PA ( 10.30 mi. )
- Delmar, PA ( 10.35 mi. )
- Rexford, PA ( 10.83 mi. )
- Austinburg, PA ( 11.15 mi. )
- Brookfield, PA ( 11.77 mi. )
- Cathead, PA ( 11.96 mi. )
- Sunderlinvle, PA ( 11.96 mi. )
- Manhattan, PA ( 12.30 mi. )
- Gaines, PA ( 12.59 mi. )
- Tioga, PA ( 12.89 mi. )
- Potter Brook, PA ( 12.90 mi. )
- Cherry Flats, PA ( 13.33 mi. )
- Woodhull, NY ( 13.39 mi. )
- Tuscarora, NY ( 13.44 mi. )
- Lambs Creek, PA ( 13.55 mi. )
- E Lawrencevle, PA ( 13.85 mi. )
- Elmer, PA ( 14.00 mi. )
- Kellytown, PA ( 14.05 mi. )
- Draper, PA ( 14.47 mi. )
- Somers Lane, PA ( 14.63 mi. )
- Lawrenceville, PA ( 14.83 mi. )
- Mansfield, PA ( 15.08 mi. )
- Marshlands, PA ( 15.41 mi. )
- Watrous, PA ( 15.53 mi. )
- North Fork, PA ( 15.67 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 16935
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 1864.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 570