About Shawanese, PA
Shawanese, PA is located in Luzerne County in the state of Pennsylvania.
The total population for Luzerne County is about 12,584.
The Average Home Value is $127,152 for Luzerne County, which is roughly 100% lower than the Average Home Value of $159,612 for the state of Pennsylvania, and roughly 100% lower than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $0, which is roughly 100% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $57,812 for the state of Pennsylvania, and roughly 100% lower higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: N/A
Male Population Estimate: N/A
Female Population Estimate: N/A
Median Age: N/A
Male Median Age: N/A
Female Median Age: N/A
Racial Demographic Estimates
Black Population Estimate: N/A
Hispanic Population Estimate: N/A
Asian Population Estimate: N/A
Hawaiian Population Estimate: N/A
Indian Population Estimate: N/A
Other Population Estimate: N/A
Bob Casey Jr.
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Shawanese specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Luzerne County: About 3.9979 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Luzerne County: About 264.468 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Luzerne County is about 1% higher than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 8% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Shawanese is about 5.9%.
Pennsylvania is ranked #30 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 38.46 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 20.1
The average living wage for the state of Pennsylvania is $29.08/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Pennsylvania a minimum wage score of 16.01 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.83/hr, which gives Pennsylvania a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 21.41 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Pennsylvania is $157.74, resulting in a UI benefit score of 20.67 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X Pennsylvania does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Pennsylvania does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X Pennsylvania does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Pennsylvania does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Pennsylvania does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Pennsylvania does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Pennsylvania does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Pennsylvania does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Pennsylvania does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Pennsylvania does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Pennsylvania does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Pennsylvania does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Pennsylvania does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Pennsylvania does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ Pennsylvania does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Pennsylvania does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Pennsylvania does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Pennsylvania does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Harveys Lake, PA ( 0.76 mi. )
- College Misericordia, PA ( 2.38 mi. )
- Monroe Twp, PA ( 2.38 mi. )
- Dallas, PA ( 3.64 mi. )
- Jackson Township, PA ( 5.06 mi. )
- Jackson Twp, PA ( 5.06 mi. )
- Shavertown, PA ( 5.39 mi. )
- Noxen, PA ( 5.53 mi. )
- Trucksville, PA ( 6.23 mi. )
- Sweet Valley, PA ( 7.45 mi. )
- Hunlock Township, PA ( 7.62 mi. )
- Hunlock Twp, PA ( 7.62 mi. )
- Courtdale, PA ( 7.76 mi. )
- Larksville, PA ( 8.05 mi. )
- Pringle, PA ( 8.62 mi. )
- Swoyersville, PA ( 8.85 mi. )
- Edwardsville, PA ( 9.10 mi. )
- West Nanticoke, PA ( 9.17 mi. )
- West Wyoming, PA ( 9.40 mi. )
- Kingston, PA ( 9.69 mi. )
- Forty Fort, PA ( 9.76 mi. )
- Buttonwood, PA ( 10.16 mi. )
- Exeter Township, PA ( 10.17 mi. )
- Hunlock Creek, PA ( 10.20 mi. )
- Geisinger South, PA ( 10.29 mi. )
- Korn Krest, PA ( 10.36 mi. )
- Wyoming, PA ( 10.49 mi. )
- Social Sec Admin, PA ( 10.58 mi. )
- Nanticoke, PA ( 10.59 mi. )
- Altria, PA ( 10.72 mi. )
- Wilkes Barre, PA ( 10.76 mi. )
- Wilkes University, PA ( 10.79 mi. )
- Wilkes Barre General Hsptl, PA ( 10.87 mi. )
- Social Security Admin, PA ( 10.90 mi. )
- Social Security Admin Brm, PA ( 10.90 mi. )
- Hilldale, PA ( 11.23 mi. )
- Miners Mill, PA ( 11.56 mi. )
- Parsons, PA ( 11.56 mi. )
- Harding, PA ( 11.66 mi. )
- Hudson, PA ( 11.74 mi. )
- Ashley, PA ( 11.89 mi. )
- Newport, PA ( 11.92 mi. )
- Inkerman, PA ( 11.93 mi. )
- Port Griffith, PA ( 11.96 mi. )
- Glen Lyon, PA ( 12.03 mi. )
- Georgetown, PA ( 12.05 mi. )
- Warrior Run, PA ( 12.11 mi. )
- Sugar Notch, PA ( 12.15 mi. )
- Hanover Township, PA ( 12.18 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 18654
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 1252.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 570