Mary D's Livability
About Mary D, PA
Mary D, PA is located in Schuylkill County in the state of Pennsylvania.
The total City Population for Mary D is about 282 with about 81 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $72,100, which is roughly 60% lower than the Average Home Value of $178,061 for the state of Pennsylvania, and roughly 67% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $39,375, which is roughly 40% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $66,082 for the state of Pennsylvania, and roughly 39% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.10
Male Population Estimate: 48.9%
Female Population Estimate: 51.1%
Median Age: 50
Male Median Age: 46.4
Female Median Age: 52.8
Racial Demographic Estimates
Bob Casey Jr.
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Mary D specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Schuylkill County: About 2.68156 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Schuylkill County: About 319.44 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Schuylkill County is about 32% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 10% higher than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
Pennsylvania is ranked #30 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 38.46 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 20.1
The average living wage for the state of Pennsylvania is $29.08/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Pennsylvania a minimum wage score of 16.01 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.83/hr, which gives Pennsylvania a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 21.41 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Pennsylvania is $157.74, resulting in a UI benefit score of 20.67 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X Pennsylvania does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Pennsylvania does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X Pennsylvania does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Pennsylvania does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Pennsylvania does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Pennsylvania does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Pennsylvania does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Pennsylvania does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Pennsylvania does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Pennsylvania does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Pennsylvania does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Pennsylvania does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Pennsylvania does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Pennsylvania does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ Pennsylvania does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Pennsylvania does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Pennsylvania does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Pennsylvania does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Brockton, PA ( 1.06 mi. )
- Hellen Mills, PA ( 1.82 mi. )
- Middleport, PA ( 2.74 mi. )
- Kaska, PA ( 2.80 mi. )
- Barnesville, PA ( 3.93 mi. )
- New Philadelphia, PA ( 4.20 mi. )
- Silver Creek, PA ( 4.22 mi. )
- New Phila, PA ( 4.52 mi. )
- Valley Furnace, PA ( 4.52 mi. )
- Coles, PA ( 5.13 mi. )
- Mahanoy Cty, PA ( 5.13 mi. )
- Mahanoy Cy, PA ( 5.13 mi. )
- Morea Colliery, PA ( 5.13 mi. )
- St Nicholas, PA ( 5.13 mi. )
- Wiggans, PA ( 5.13 mi. )
- New Boston, PA ( 5.16 mi. )
- Mahanoy City, PA ( 5.20 mi. )
- Hecla, PA ( 5.29 mi. )
- Trenton, PA ( 5.36 mi. )
- Cumbola, PA ( 5.40 mi. )
- Park Place, PA ( 5.50 mi. )
- Hometown, PA ( 5.68 mi. )
- Bowmans, PA ( 5.79 mi. )
- Hills Terrace, PA ( 5.82 mi. )
- Shoemakers, PA ( 5.85 mi. )
- Delano, PA ( 5.99 mi. )
- Morea, PA ( 6.01 mi. )
- McKeansburg, PA ( 6.03 mi. )
- Quakake, PA ( 6.28 mi. )
- New Ringgold, PA ( 6.30 mi. )
- Craigs, PA ( 6.36 mi. )
- Frisbie, PA ( 6.83 mi. )
- Ellen Gowan, PA ( 6.99 mi. )
- East Brunswick, PA ( 7.05 mi. )
- Schoentown, PA ( 7.06 mi. )
- Port Carbon, PA ( 7.09 mi. )
- Boston Run, PA ( 7.13 mi. )
- Tamaqua, PA ( 7.28 mi. )
- Dark Water, PA ( 7.39 mi. )
- East Mines, PA ( 7.62 mi. )
- Kehley Run Junction, PA ( 7.68 mi. )
- Kohinoor Junction, PA ( 7.68 mi. )
- Lower Shaft, PA ( 7.68 mi. )
- Shenandoah Junction, PA ( 7.68 mi. )
- Turkey Run, PA ( 7.68 mi. )
- Palo Alto, PA ( 7.71 mi. )
- Rauschs, PA ( 7.76 mi. )
- Arnots Addition, PA ( 7.80 mi. )
- Orwigsburg, PA ( 7.83 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 17952
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 1052.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 570, 272