About Leroy, PA
Leroy, PA is located in Bradford County in the state of Pennsylvania.
The total City Population for Leroy is about 553 with about 5 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $186,098, which is roughly 4% higher than the Average Home Value of $178,061 for the state of Pennsylvania, and roughly 14% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $60,729, which is roughly 8% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $66,082 for the state of Pennsylvania, and roughly 7% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.52
Male Population Estimate: 50.3%
Female Population Estimate: 49.7%
Median Age: 44.8
Male Median Age: 39.7
Female Median Age: 42.0
Racial Demographic Estimates
Bob Casey Jr.
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Leroy specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Bradford County: About 3.03625 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Bradford County: About 181.187 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Bradford County is about 23% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 37% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Leroy is about 9%.
Pennsylvania is ranked #30 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 38.46 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 20.1
The average living wage for the state of Pennsylvania is $29.08/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Pennsylvania a minimum wage score of 16.01 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.83/hr, which gives Pennsylvania a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 21.41 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Pennsylvania is $157.74, resulting in a UI benefit score of 20.67 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X Pennsylvania does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Pennsylvania does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X Pennsylvania does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Pennsylvania does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Pennsylvania does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Pennsylvania does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Pennsylvania does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Pennsylvania does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Pennsylvania does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Pennsylvania does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Pennsylvania does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Pennsylvania does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Pennsylvania does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Pennsylvania does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ Pennsylvania does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Pennsylvania does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Pennsylvania does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Pennsylvania does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Cowley, PA ( 1.26 mi. )
- Granville Ctr, PA ( 1.26 mi. )
- Granville Smt, PA ( 1.26 mi. )
- West Leroy, PA ( 1.89 mi. )
- East Canton, PA ( 4.14 mi. )
- Beech Flats, PA ( 5.02 mi. )
- Windfall, PA ( 5.19 mi. )
- Wheelerville, PA ( 5.81 mi. )
- Granville Summit, PA ( 6.06 mi. )
- Shunk, PA ( 6.77 mi. )
- Alba, PA ( 7.12 mi. )
- Snydertwn, PA ( 7.12 mi. )
- Cedar Ledge, PA ( 7.83 mi. )
- Grover, PA ( 7.90 mi. )
- W Burlington, PA ( 8.81 mi. )
- West Burlington Township, PA ( 8.81 mi. )
- Leolyn, PA ( 9.48 mi. )
- McNett, PA ( 9.53 mi. )
- Monroeton, PA ( 9.54 mi. )
- Troy, PA ( 10.42 mi. )
- Gleason, PA ( 11.01 mi. )
- Burlington, PA ( 11.45 mi. )
- Union Center, PA ( 11.88 mi. )
- Eastpoint, PA ( 12.02 mi. )
- Roaring Brnch, PA ( 12.02 mi. )
- Forksville, PA ( 12.15 mi. )
- Ward, PA ( 12.61 mi. )
- Wetona, PA ( 12.95 mi. )
- Ogdensburg, PA ( 13.13 mi. )
- Roaring Branch, PA ( 13.19 mi. )
- Sylvania, PA ( 13.27 mi. )
- Columbia Cross Roads, PA ( 14.02 mi. )
- Hillsgrove, PA ( 14.45 mi. )
- Col X Rds, PA ( 14.45 mi. )
- Columbia X Rd, PA ( 14.45 mi. )
- New Albany, PA ( 14.46 mi. )
- Burlingtn Twp, PA ( 14.73 mi. )
- Burlington Township, PA ( 14.73 mi. )
- Ralston, PA ( 15.36 mi. )
- Cascade, PA ( 15.49 mi. )
- McIntyre, PA ( 15.54 mi. )
- Morris Run, PA ( 15.62 mi. )
- Austinville, PA ( 15.74 mi. )
- E Smithfield, PA ( 15.89 mi. )
- Sullivan, PA ( 15.98 mi. )
- Proctor, PA ( 16.03 mi. )
- East Smithfield, PA ( 16.06 mi. )
- Blakes, PA ( 16.22 mi. )
- Towanda, PA ( 16.56 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 17724
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 2186.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 570