About Laporte, PA
Laporte, PA is located in Sullivan County in the state of Pennsylvania.
The total City Population for Laporte is about 451 with about 3 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $239,603, which is roughly 26% higher than the Average Home Value of $178,061 for the state of Pennsylvania, and roughly 9% higher than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $65,357, which is roughly 1% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $66,082 for the state of Pennsylvania, and roughly 1% higher higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.17
Male Population Estimate: 55.2%
Female Population Estimate: 44.8%
Median Age: 56.4
Male Median Age: 58.4
Female Median Age: 58.6
Racial Demographic Estimates
Bob Casey Jr.
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Laporte specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Sullivan County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Sullivan County: About 79.1766 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Sullivan County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 72% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Laporte is about 14.7%.
Pennsylvania is ranked #30 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 38.46 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 20.1
The average living wage for the state of Pennsylvania is $29.08/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Pennsylvania a minimum wage score of 16.01 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.83/hr, which gives Pennsylvania a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 21.41 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Pennsylvania is $157.74, resulting in a UI benefit score of 20.67 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X Pennsylvania does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Pennsylvania does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X Pennsylvania does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Pennsylvania does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Pennsylvania does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Pennsylvania does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Pennsylvania does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Pennsylvania does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Pennsylvania does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Pennsylvania does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Pennsylvania does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Pennsylvania does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Pennsylvania does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Pennsylvania does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ Pennsylvania does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Pennsylvania does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Pennsylvania does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Pennsylvania does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Nordmont, PA ( 2.67 mi. )
- N Mountain, PA ( 3.95 mi. )
- Davidson, PA ( 5.62 mi. )
- Mildred, PA ( 5.90 mi. )
- Forkston Township, PA ( 5.98 mi. )
- Forkston Twp, PA ( 5.98 mi. )
- Wilmot Township, PA ( 5.98 mi. )
- Wilmot Twp, PA ( 5.98 mi. )
- Eagles Mere, PA ( 6.60 mi. )
- Sonestown, PA ( 6.64 mi. )
- Lopez, PA ( 6.98 mi. )
- Elk Grove, PA ( 7.96 mi. )
- Dushore, PA ( 8.12 mi. )
- Muncy Valley, PA ( 8.38 mi. )
- Beech Glen, PA ( 9.06 mi. )
- Forksville, PA ( 9.16 mi. )
- Jamison City, PA ( 9.26 mi. )
- Lungerville, PA ( 9.95 mi. )
- Beaver Lake, PA ( 10.95 mi. )
- Strawbridge, PA ( 11.15 mi. )
- Fairmount Spr, PA ( 11.69 mi. )
- Laubachs, PA ( 11.69 mi. )
- Raven Creek, PA ( 11.69 mi. )
- Talmar, PA ( 11.69 mi. )
- Red Rock, PA ( 11.81 mi. )
- Glen Mawr, PA ( 12.41 mi. )
- Biggertown, PA ( 12.63 mi. )
- Richards Grv, PA ( 12.63 mi. )
- Waller, PA ( 12.68 mi. )
- New Albany, PA ( 12.77 mi. )
- Coles Creek, PA ( 12.91 mi. )
- Unityville, PA ( 12.97 mi. )
- Hillsgrove, PA ( 13.21 mi. )
- Bryan Mills, PA ( 14.18 mi. )
- Tivoli, PA ( 14.65 mi. )
- Lairdsville, PA ( 15.23 mi. )
- Derrs, PA ( 15.68 mi. )
- Picture Rocks, PA ( 16.05 mi. )
- Cambra, PA ( 16.91 mi. )
- Pine Summit, PA ( 17.34 mi. )
- Shunk, PA ( 17.36 mi. )
- Huntersville, PA ( 17.37 mi. )
- Monroeton, PA ( 17.74 mi. )
- Barbours, PA ( 17.86 mi. )
- Proctor, PA ( 18.21 mi. )
- Sereno, PA ( 18.35 mi. )
- Moreland, PA ( 18.44 mi. )
- Hughesville, PA ( 18.54 mi. )
- Sweet Valley, PA ( 18.57 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 17758, 18614, 18626 (3 Total Zip Codes)
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 1745.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 570