About Holtwood, PA
Holtwood, PA is located in Lancaster County in the state of Pennsylvania.
The total City Population for Holtwood is about 10,143 with about 9 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $207,200, which is roughly 14% higher than the Average Home Value of $178,061 for the state of Pennsylvania, and roughly 5% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $67,371, which is roughly 2% higher than the Average Median Income Per Household of $66,082 for the state of Pennsylvania, and roughly 3% higher higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.85
Male Population Estimate: 50.9%
Female Population Estimate: 49.1%
Median Age: 39.3
Male Median Age: 40.0
Female Median Age: 38.4
Racial Demographic Estimates
Bob Casey Jr.
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Holtwood specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Lancaster County: About 2.06884 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Lancaster County: About 170.433 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Lancaster County is about 48% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 41% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
Pennsylvania is ranked #30 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 38.46 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 20.1
The average living wage for the state of Pennsylvania is $29.08/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Pennsylvania a minimum wage score of 16.01 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.83/hr, which gives Pennsylvania a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 21.41 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Pennsylvania is $157.74, resulting in a UI benefit score of 20.67 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X Pennsylvania does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Pennsylvania does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X Pennsylvania does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Pennsylvania does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Pennsylvania does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Pennsylvania does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Pennsylvania does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Pennsylvania does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Pennsylvania does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Pennsylvania does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Pennsylvania does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Pennsylvania does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Pennsylvania does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Pennsylvania does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ Pennsylvania does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Pennsylvania does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Pennsylvania does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Pennsylvania does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Bethesda, PA ( 1.58 mi. )
- Martic, PA ( 2.86 mi. )
- Sunnyburn, PA ( 2.93 mi. )
- Kyleville, PA ( 3.30 mi. )
- Liberty Square, PA ( 3.68 mi. )
- Airville, PA ( 4.18 mi. )
- Drumore, PA ( 4.37 mi. )
- Coal Cabin Beach, PA ( 4.44 mi. )
- Rawlinsville, PA ( 4.66 mi. )
- Colemanville, PA ( 4.81 mi. )
- Martic Forge, PA ( 5.07 mi. )
- Woodbine, PA ( 5.28 mi. )
- Shenks Ferry, PA ( 5.60 mi. )
- Peach Bottom, PA ( 5.81 mi. )
- Bryansville, PA ( 5.94 mi. )
- Furniss, PA ( 6.18 mi. )
- Marticville, PA ( 6.62 mi. )
- Slate Hill, PA ( 6.71 mi. )
- Collinsville, PA ( 6.76 mi. )
- Conestoga, PA ( 7.05 mi. )
- Delta, PA ( 7.27 mi. )
- Providence, PA ( 7.31 mi. )
- Safe Harbor, PA ( 7.31 mi. )
- New Providnce, PA ( 7.48 mi. )
- Smithville, PA ( 7.65 mi. )
- Cardiff, MD ( 7.94 mi. )
- Lucky, PA ( 7.98 mi. )
- Muddy Creek Forks, PA ( 8.00 mi. )
- Eldora, PA ( 8.11 mi. )
- Mcsparren, PA ( 8.31 mi. )
- Whiteford, MD ( 8.55 mi. )
- Gatchellville, PA ( 8.58 mi. )
- Penn Hill, PA ( 8.65 mi. )
- Brogue, PA ( 8.69 mi. )
- Herrville, PA ( 8.75 mi. )
- Fawn, PA ( 8.84 mi. )
- Fulton, PA ( 9.03 mi. )
- Baumgardner, PA ( 9.22 mi. )
- Highville, PA ( 9.23 mi. )
- Refton, PA ( 9.26 mi. )
- Pequea, PA ( 9.37 mi. )
- New Providence, PA ( 9.42 mi. )
- Fawn Grove, PA ( 9.60 mi. )
- Mechanics Grove, PA ( 9.77 mi. )
- Quarryville, PA ( 9.83 mi. )
- Hessdale, PA ( 9.90 mi. )
- Willow, PA ( 9.98 mi. )
- New Bridgeville, PA ( 10.19 mi. )
- Lime Valley, PA ( 10.43 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 17532
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 786.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 717, 223