About Hillsgrove, PA
Hillsgrove, PA is located in Sullivan County in the state of Pennsylvania.
The total City Population for Hillsgrove is about 254 with about 4 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $121,493, which is roughly 32% lower than the Average Home Value of $178,061 for the state of Pennsylvania, and roughly 44% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $55,000, which is roughly 17% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $66,082 for the state of Pennsylvania, and roughly 15% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.19
Male Population Estimate: 41.3%
Female Population Estimate: 58.7%
Median Age: 58
Male Median Age: 47.3
Female Median Age: 52.5
Racial Demographic Estimates
Bob Casey Jr.
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Hillsgrove specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Sullivan County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Sullivan County: About 79.1766 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Sullivan County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 72% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Hillsgrove is about 8.6%.
Pennsylvania is ranked #30 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 38.46 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 20.1
The average living wage for the state of Pennsylvania is $29.08/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Pennsylvania a minimum wage score of 16.01 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.83/hr, which gives Pennsylvania a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 21.41 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Pennsylvania is $157.74, resulting in a UI benefit score of 20.67 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X Pennsylvania does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Pennsylvania does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X Pennsylvania does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Pennsylvania does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Pennsylvania does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Pennsylvania does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Pennsylvania does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Pennsylvania does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Pennsylvania does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Pennsylvania does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Pennsylvania does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Pennsylvania does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Pennsylvania does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Pennsylvania does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ Pennsylvania does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Pennsylvania does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Pennsylvania does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Pennsylvania does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Proctor, PA ( 5.14 mi. )
- Barbours, PA ( 5.41 mi. )
- Eagles Mere, PA ( 6.75 mi. )
- Forksville, PA ( 6.77 mi. )
- Wallis Run, PA ( 7.80 mi. )
- Shunk, PA ( 7.97 mi. )
- Huntersville, PA ( 8.72 mi. )
- Glen Mawr, PA ( 8.77 mi. )
- Muncy Valley, PA ( 9.00 mi. )
- Cascade, PA ( 9.19 mi. )
- Strawbridge, PA ( 9.39 mi. )
- Tivoli, PA ( 9.39 mi. )
- Beech Glen, PA ( 9.58 mi. )
- Sonestown, PA ( 9.77 mi. )
- Bryan Mills, PA ( 10.23 mi. )
- Wheelerville, PA ( 10.49 mi. )
- Picture Rocks, PA ( 10.56 mi. )
- McNett, PA ( 10.81 mi. )
- Beaver Lake, PA ( 11.44 mi. )
- Loyalsockvle, PA ( 11.63 mi. )
- Lyc Co Airprt, PA ( 11.63 mi. )
- Upper Fairfld, PA ( 11.63 mi. )
- N Mountain, PA ( 11.82 mi. )
- Gamble, PA ( 12.76 mi. )
- Nordmont, PA ( 12.79 mi. )
- Eastpoint, PA ( 13.06 mi. )
- Roaring Brnch, PA ( 13.06 mi. )
- Laporte, PA ( 13.21 mi. )
- Hughesville, PA ( 13.45 mi. )
- Calvert, PA ( 13.48 mi. )
- Ralston, PA ( 13.61 mi. )
- McIntyre, PA ( 13.84 mi. )
- East Muncy, PA ( 13.88 mi. )
- Halls, PA ( 13.88 mi. )
- Opp, PA ( 13.88 mi. )
- Seagers, PA ( 13.88 mi. )
- Pennsdale, PA ( 13.89 mi. )
- Leolyn, PA ( 13.98 mi. )
- Marsh Hill, PA ( 14.00 mi. )
- Farragut, PA ( 14.06 mi. )
- Warrensville, PA ( 14.26 mi. )
- Leroy, PA ( 14.45 mi. )
- Fields Sta, PA ( 14.49 mi. )
- Kelleysburg, PA ( 14.49 mi. )
- Pleasant Strm, PA ( 14.49 mi. )
- Fairfield, PA ( 14.72 mi. )
- Beech Flats, PA ( 14.82 mi. )
- Lungerville, PA ( 14.87 mi. )
- Davidson, PA ( 14.90 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 17701, 18616, 18619 (3 Total Zip Codes)
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 825.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 570