About Hamlin, PA
Hamlin, PA is located in Mckean County in the state of Pennsylvania.
The total City Population for Hamlin is about 667 with about 4 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $80,639, which is roughly 55% lower than the Average Home Value of $178,061 for the state of Pennsylvania, and roughly 63% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $49,236, which is roughly 25% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $66,082 for the state of Pennsylvania, and roughly 24% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.41
Male Population Estimate: 49.8%
Female Population Estimate: 50.2%
Median Age: 53.7
Male Median Age: 47.0
Female Median Age: 45.0
Racial Demographic Estimates
Bob Casey Jr.
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Hamlin specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Mckean County: About 4.18178 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Mckean County: About 110.883 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Mckean County is about 6% higher than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 61% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Hamlin is about 4.9%.
Pennsylvania is ranked #30 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 38.46 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 20.1
The average living wage for the state of Pennsylvania is $29.08/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Pennsylvania a minimum wage score of 16.01 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.83/hr, which gives Pennsylvania a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 21.41 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Pennsylvania is $157.74, resulting in a UI benefit score of 20.67 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X Pennsylvania does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Pennsylvania does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X Pennsylvania does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Pennsylvania does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Pennsylvania does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Pennsylvania does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Pennsylvania does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Pennsylvania does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Pennsylvania does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Pennsylvania does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Pennsylvania does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Pennsylvania does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Pennsylvania does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Pennsylvania does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ Pennsylvania does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Pennsylvania does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Pennsylvania does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Pennsylvania does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Mount Jewett, PA ( 0.08 mi. )
- Hazel Hurst, PA ( 3.37 mi. )
- Westline, PA ( 7.52 mi. )
- Ormsby, PA ( 7.80 mi. )
- Cyclone, PA ( 7.97 mi. )
- East Kane, PA ( 9.08 mi. )
- Gifford, PA ( 9.50 mi. )
- Kane, PA ( 9.59 mi. )
- Lewis Run, PA ( 10.05 mi. )
- Keating, PA ( 10.53 mi. )
- Wilcox, PA ( 10.76 mi. )
- Smethport, PA ( 11.72 mi. )
- Custer City, PA ( 12.51 mi. )
- James City, PA ( 12.74 mi. )
- East Smethport, PA ( 12.87 mi. )
- Crosby, PA ( 13.08 mi. )
- Rew, PA ( 13.17 mi. )
- E Smethport, PA ( 13.58 mi. )
- Kendall Creek, PA ( 14.15 mi. )
- Ludlow, PA ( 15.49 mi. )
- Rixford, PA ( 15.86 mi. )
- Johnsonburg, PA ( 16.24 mi. )
- Bradford, PA ( 16.27 mi. )
- De Young, PA ( 17.30 mi. )
- Derrick City, PA ( 17.36 mi. )
- Duke Center, PA ( 17.80 mi. )
- Turtlepoint, PA ( 18.61 mi. )
- Saint Marys, PA ( 19.45 mi. )
- St Marys, PA ( 19.45 mi. )
- Sheffield, PA ( 19.63 mi. )
- Port Allegany, PA ( 19.84 mi. )
- Pt Allegany, PA ( 20.26 mi. )
- Limestone, NY ( 20.58 mi. )
- Knapp Creek, NY ( 20.71 mi. )
- Ridgway, PA ( 21.05 mi. )
- Tiona, PA ( 21.93 mi. )
- Shippen, PA ( 22.26 mi. )
- Clarendon, PA ( 23.56 mi. )
- Portland Mls, PA ( 23.62 mi. )
- Keating Summit, PA ( 23.99 mi. )
- Scandia, PA ( 24.01 mi. )
- Kersey, PA ( 25.46 mi. )
- Dagus Mines, PA ( 25.69 mi. )
- Emporium, PA ( 25.70 mi. )
- Roulette, PA ( 25.71 mi. )
- Allegany, NY ( 25.76 mi. )
- Portland Mills, PA ( 25.91 mi. )
- Saint Bonaventure, NY ( 26.26 mi. )
- St Bonas, NY ( 26.26 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 16733, 16735, 16740, 16749 (4 Total Zip Codes)
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 1473.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 570