About Ganister, PA
Ganister, PA is located in Blair County in the state of Pennsylvania.
The total City Population for Ganister is about 5 with about 29 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $117,700, which is roughly 34% lower than the Average Home Value of $178,061 for the state of Pennsylvania, and roughly 46% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $50,867, which is roughly 23% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $66,082 for the state of Pennsylvania, and roughly 22% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.53
Male Population Estimate: 60%
Female Population Estimate: 40%
Median Age: 40.5
Male Median Age: 39.3
Female Median Age: 41.9
Racial Demographic Estimates
Bob Casey Jr.
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Ganister specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Blair County: About 1.26395 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Blair County: About 224.255 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Blair County is about 68% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 22% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
Pennsylvania is ranked #30 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 38.46 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 20.1
The average living wage for the state of Pennsylvania is $29.08/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Pennsylvania a minimum wage score of 16.01 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.83/hr, which gives Pennsylvania a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 21.41 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Pennsylvania is $157.74, resulting in a UI benefit score of 20.67 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X Pennsylvania does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Pennsylvania does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X Pennsylvania does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Pennsylvania does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Pennsylvania does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Pennsylvania does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Pennsylvania does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Pennsylvania does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Pennsylvania does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Pennsylvania does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Pennsylvania does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Pennsylvania does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Pennsylvania does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Pennsylvania does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ Pennsylvania does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Pennsylvania does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Pennsylvania does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Pennsylvania does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Williamsburg, PA ( 1.35 mi. )
- Woodbury, PA ( 2.25 mi. )
- Fisherville, PA ( 2.98 mi. )
- Hesston, PA ( 7.13 mi. )
- Mc Connellstown, PA ( 7.63 mi. )
- Mc Conelstown, PA ( 7.63 mi. )
- Alexandria, PA ( 8.86 mi. )
- Hollidaysburg, PA ( 9.22 mi. )
- Altoona, PA ( 9.45 mi. )
- James Creek, PA ( 9.49 mi. )
- Entriken, PA ( 9.75 mi. )
- Bellwood, PA ( 10.41 mi. )
- Mill Run, PA ( 11.08 mi. )
- Spruce Creek, PA ( 11.13 mi. )
- Sci Huntingdon, PA ( 11.13 mi. )
- Duncansville, PA ( 11.19 mi. )
- Petersburg, PA ( 11.50 mi. )
- Huntingdon, PA ( 11.54 mi. )
- Tipton, PA ( 11.86 mi. )
- Newry, PA ( 12.31 mi. )
- Antis, PA ( 12.31 mi. )
- Martinsburg, PA ( 12.35 mi. )
- Ironville, PA ( 12.79 mi. )
- Roaring Spring, PA ( 13.08 mi. )
- East Freedom, PA ( 13.48 mi. )
- Tyrone, PA ( 14.04 mi. )
- Calvin, PA ( 14.12 mi. )
- Roaring Spg, PA ( 14.37 mi. )
- Oneida, PA ( 14.40 mi. )
- Mapleton Depot, PA ( 14.48 mi. )
- Bankstown, PA ( 14.48 mi. )
- Barneytown, PA ( 14.48 mi. )
- Mapleton Dep, PA ( 14.48 mi. )
- Freedom, PA ( 14.77 mi. )
- Curryville, PA ( 14.84 mi. )
- Warriors Mark, PA ( 15.47 mi. )
- Coupon, PA ( 15.76 mi. )
- Birdville, PA ( 15.76 mi. )
- E Freedom, PA ( 16.06 mi. )
- Cassville, PA ( 16.30 mi. )
- Gallitzin, PA ( 17.24 mi. )
- Claysburg, PA ( 17.26 mi. )
- Dysart, PA ( 17.45 mi. )
- Blandburg, PA ( 17.58 mi. )
- Mill Crk, PA ( 17.75 mi. )
- Mlcreek, PA ( 17.75 mi. )
- Bakers Summit, PA ( 17.81 mi. )
- Ashville, PA ( 17.86 mi. )
- Saxton, PA ( 18.05 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 16693
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 1146.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 814