Fountain Hill's Livability
About Fountain Hill, PA
Fountain Hill, PA is located in Lehigh County in the state of Pennsylvania.
The total City Population for Fountain Hill is about 4,829 with about 2,464 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $149,432, which is roughly 16% lower than the Average Home Value of $178,061 for the state of Pennsylvania, and roughly 31% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $48,125, which is roughly 27% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $66,082 for the state of Pennsylvania, and roughly 26% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.64
Male Population Estimate: 47.5%
Female Population Estimate: 52.5%
Median Age: 39.1
Male Median Age: 27.7
Female Median Age: 31.6
Racial Demographic Estimates
Bob Casey Jr.
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Fountain Hill specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Lehigh County: About 2.03113 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Lehigh County: About 212.264 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Lehigh County is about 49% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 26% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Fountain Hill is about 6%.
Pennsylvania is ranked #30 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 38.46 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 20.1
The average living wage for the state of Pennsylvania is $29.08/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Pennsylvania a minimum wage score of 16.01 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.83/hr, which gives Pennsylvania a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 21.41 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Pennsylvania is $157.74, resulting in a UI benefit score of 20.67 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X Pennsylvania does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Pennsylvania does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X Pennsylvania does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Pennsylvania does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Pennsylvania does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Pennsylvania does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Pennsylvania does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Pennsylvania does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Pennsylvania does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Pennsylvania does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Pennsylvania does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Pennsylvania does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Pennsylvania does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Pennsylvania does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ Pennsylvania does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Pennsylvania does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Pennsylvania does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Pennsylvania does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Bethlehem, PA ( 2.20 mi. )
- Dun & Bradstreet, PA ( 3.35 mi. )
- Business Reply Mail, PA ( 3.36 mi. )
- Hellertown, PA ( 3.40 mi. )
- Freemansburg, PA ( 3.41 mi. )
- Lehigh Valley, PA ( 3.46 mi. )
- Salisbury, PA ( 3.51 mi. )
- Allentown, PA ( 4.19 mi. )
- Catasauqua, PA ( 4.98 mi. )
- Butztown, PA ( 4.98 mi. )
- Center Valley, PA ( 5.08 mi. )
- Coopersburg, PA ( 6.41 mi. )
- Hokendauqua, PA ( 6.46 mi. )
- Whitehall, PA ( 6.81 mi. )
- Rodale Press, PA ( 6.87 mi. )
- Rodale Press Brm, PA ( 6.87 mi. )
- Limeport, PA ( 7.01 mi. )
- Coplay, PA ( 7.04 mi. )
- Emmaus, PA ( 7.09 mi. )
- Zionhill, PA ( 8.19 mi. )
- Wescosville, PA ( 8.50 mi. )
- Bath, PA ( 8.63 mi. )
- Palmer Township, PA ( 8.85 mi. )
- Palmer Twp, PA ( 8.85 mi. )
- Tatamy Boro, PA ( 8.85 mi. )
- Tatamy Borough, PA ( 8.85 mi. )
- Williams, PA ( 9.03 mi. )
- Glendon, PA ( 9.27 mi. )
- East Texas, PA ( 9.47 mi. )
- Durham, PA ( 9.61 mi. )
- Palmer, PA ( 9.71 mi. )
- College Hill, PA ( 9.77 mi. )
- Williams Township, PA ( 9.77 mi. )
- Williams Twp, PA ( 9.77 mi. )
- Richlandtown, PA ( 9.83 mi. )
- West Easton, PA ( 9.88 mi. )
- Orefield, PA ( 10.11 mi. )
- Ironton, PA ( 10.12 mi. )
- Macungie, PA ( 10.23 mi. )
- Zionsville, PA ( 10.25 mi. )
- Old Zionsville, PA ( 10.34 mi. )
- Riegelsville, PA ( 10.35 mi. )
- Old Zionsvlle, PA ( 10.36 mi. )
- Nazareth, PA ( 10.42 mi. )
- Easton, PA ( 10.82 mi. )
- Chapmans, PA ( 10.88 mi. )
- Laurys Sta, PA ( 11.03 mi. )
- Richland, PA ( 11.08 mi. )
- Laurys Station, PA ( 11.10 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 18015
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 380.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 484, 610