About Elmer, PA
Elmer, PA is located in Potter County in the state of Pennsylvania.
The total City Population for Elmer is about 3,378 with about 8 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $101,000, which is roughly 43% lower than the Average Home Value of $178,061 for the state of Pennsylvania, and roughly 53% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $39,000, which is roughly 41% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $66,082 for the state of Pennsylvania, and roughly 40% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.36
Male Population Estimate: 49.1%
Female Population Estimate: 50.9%
Median Age: 46.1
Male Median Age: 44.7
Female Median Age: 47.0
Racial Demographic Estimates
Bob Casey Jr.
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Elmer specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Potter County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Potter County: About 119.822 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Potter County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 58% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
Pennsylvania is ranked #30 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 38.46 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 20.1
The average living wage for the state of Pennsylvania is $29.08/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Pennsylvania a minimum wage score of 16.01 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.83/hr, which gives Pennsylvania a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 21.41 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Pennsylvania is $157.74, resulting in a UI benefit score of 20.67 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X Pennsylvania does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Pennsylvania does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X Pennsylvania does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Pennsylvania does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Pennsylvania does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Pennsylvania does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Pennsylvania does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Pennsylvania does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Pennsylvania does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Pennsylvania does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Pennsylvania does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Pennsylvania does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Pennsylvania does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Pennsylvania does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ Pennsylvania does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Pennsylvania does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Pennsylvania does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Pennsylvania does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Potter Brook, PA ( 1.11 mi. )
- Harrison Valley, PA ( 2.05 mi. )
- Mills, PA ( 3.73 mi. )
- North Fork, PA ( 4.22 mi. )
- Harrison Twp, PA ( 4.25 mi. )
- Harrison Vly, PA ( 4.25 mi. )
- Westfield, PA ( 4.27 mi. )
- Hector, PA ( 4.38 mi. )
- Brookfield, PA ( 5.10 mi. )
- Cathead, PA ( 5.68 mi. )
- Sunderlinvle, PA ( 5.68 mi. )
- Sabinsville, PA ( 6.17 mi. )
- Cowanesque, PA ( 6.55 mi. )
- Austinburg, PA ( 8.33 mi. )
- North Bingham, PA ( 8.51 mi. )
- Bingham, PA ( 8.75 mi. )
- Troupsburg, NY ( 9.73 mi. )
- Knoxville, PA ( 9.93 mi. )
- West Bingham, PA ( 10.07 mi. )
- Deerfield, PA ( 10.50 mi. )
- Whitesville, NY ( 10.85 mi. )
- Brookland, PA ( 10.92 mi. )
- West Pike, PA ( 10.94 mi. )
- Ulysses, PA ( 11.07 mi. )
- Gold, PA ( 11.47 mi. )
- Rexville, NY ( 11.55 mi. )
- Chatham, PA ( 11.57 mi. )
- Little Marsh, PA ( 11.78 mi. )
- Gaines, PA ( 12.41 mi. )
- Keech, PA ( 12.53 mi. )
- Hickox, PA ( 12.58 mi. )
- Manhattan, PA ( 12.69 mi. )
- Galeton, PA ( 12.87 mi. )
- Raymond, PA ( 12.94 mi. )
- Rexford, PA ( 13.15 mi. )
- Osceola, PA ( 13.54 mi. )
- Ellisburg, PA ( 13.89 mi. )
- Shortsville, PA ( 14.00 mi. )
- Marshlands, PA ( 14.42 mi. )
- Genesee, PA ( 14.64 mi. )
- Asaph, PA ( 15.21 mi. )
- Woodhull, NY ( 15.25 mi. )
- Ansonia, PA ( 15.60 mi. )
- Greenwood, NY ( 15.86 mi. )
- Mdby Center, PA ( 15.99 mi. )
- Middlebry Ctr, PA ( 15.99 mi. )
- Jasper, NY ( 16.01 mi. )
- Elkland, PA ( 16.59 mi. )
- West Branch, PA ( 16.61 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 16950
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 1380.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 814