De Young's Livability
About De Young, PA
De Young, PA is located in Elk County in the state of Pennsylvania.
The total City Population for De Young is about 25 with about 4 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $75,000, which is roughly 58% lower than the Average Home Value of $178,061 for the state of Pennsylvania, and roughly 65% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $71,250, which is roughly 7% higher than the Average Median Income Per Household of $66,082 for the state of Pennsylvania, and roughly 9% higher higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 1.92
Male Population Estimate: 56%
Female Population Estimate: 44%
Median Age: 48.8
Male Median Age: 48.5
Female Median Age: 53.5
Racial Demographic Estimates
Bob Casey Jr.
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of De Young specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Elk County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Elk County: About 106.505 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Elk County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 63% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for De Young is about 3.9%.
Pennsylvania is ranked #30 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 38.46 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 20.1
The average living wage for the state of Pennsylvania is $29.08/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Pennsylvania a minimum wage score of 16.01 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.83/hr, which gives Pennsylvania a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 21.41 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Pennsylvania is $157.74, resulting in a UI benefit score of 20.67 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X Pennsylvania does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Pennsylvania does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X Pennsylvania does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Pennsylvania does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Pennsylvania does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Pennsylvania does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Pennsylvania does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Pennsylvania does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Pennsylvania does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Pennsylvania does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Pennsylvania does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Pennsylvania does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Pennsylvania does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Pennsylvania does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ Pennsylvania does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Pennsylvania does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Pennsylvania does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Pennsylvania does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- James City, PA ( 4.58 mi. )
- Kane, PA ( 8.06 mi. )
- East Kane, PA ( 8.29 mi. )
- Sheffield, PA ( 9.49 mi. )
- Ludlow, PA ( 10.73 mi. )
- Wilcox, PA ( 11.60 mi. )
- Hallton, PA ( 11.98 mi. )
- Marienville, PA ( 12.96 mi. )
- Johnsonburg, PA ( 13.32 mi. )
- Portland Mls, PA ( 13.62 mi. )
- Ridgway, PA ( 13.87 mi. )
- Portland Mills, PA ( 14.16 mi. )
- Tiona, PA ( 14.35 mi. )
- Cherry Grove, PA ( 14.37 mi. )
- Westline, PA ( 15.59 mi. )
- Clarendon, PA ( 17.05 mi. )
- Mount Jewett, PA ( 17.23 mi. )
- Hamlin, PA ( 17.30 mi. )
- Kingsley, PA ( 18.57 mi. )
- Hazel Hurst, PA ( 19.23 mi. )
- Vowinckel, PA ( 19.93 mi. )
- Clarington, PA ( 19.99 mi. )
- Brandy Camp, PA ( 21.01 mi. )
- Saint Marys, PA ( 21.18 mi. )
- St Marys, PA ( 21.18 mi. )
- Kersey, PA ( 21.66 mi. )
- Dagus Mines, PA ( 21.98 mi. )
- Warren, PA ( 22.10 mi. )
- Blair Corp, PA ( 22.14 mi. )
- New Process Co, PA ( 22.14 mi. )
- Crown, PA ( 22.17 mi. )
- Cooksburg, PA ( 22.71 mi. )
- Sigel, PA ( 23.18 mi. )
- Fox, PA ( 23.43 mi. )
- Brockway, PA ( 23.44 mi. )
- Farmington, PA ( 23.66 mi. )
- Brockport, PA ( 23.76 mi. )
- Lewis Run, PA ( 24.18 mi. )
- Scandia, PA ( 24.19 mi. )
- Cyclone, PA ( 24.45 mi. )
- Endeavor, PA ( 24.48 mi. )
- Leeper, PA ( 24.80 mi. )
- Tylersburg, PA ( 24.92 mi. )
- Ormsby, PA ( 25.00 mi. )
- North Warren, PA ( 25.05 mi. )
- East Hickory, PA ( 25.33 mi. )
- Gifford, PA ( 25.42 mi. )
- West Hickory, PA ( 25.66 mi. )
- Kendall Creek, PA ( 25.72 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 16728
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 1913.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 814