About Burnside, PA
Burnside, PA is located in Centre County in the state of Pennsylvania.
The total City Population for Burnside is about 441 with about 2 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $129,926, which is roughly 27% lower than the Average Home Value of $178,061 for the state of Pennsylvania, and roughly 40% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $66,563, which is roughly 1% higher than the Average Median Income Per Household of $66,082 for the state of Pennsylvania, and roughly 2% higher higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.60
Male Population Estimate: 56.2%
Female Population Estimate: 43.8%
Median Age: 44.8
Male Median Age: 41.3
Female Median Age: 42.4
Racial Demographic Estimates
Bob Casey Jr.
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Burnside specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Centre County: About 1.95631 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Centre County: About 265.918 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Centre County is about 50% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 8% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Burnside is about 1.9%.
Pennsylvania is ranked #30 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 38.46 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 20.1
The average living wage for the state of Pennsylvania is $29.08/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Pennsylvania a minimum wage score of 16.01 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.83/hr, which gives Pennsylvania a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 21.41 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Pennsylvania is $157.74, resulting in a UI benefit score of 20.67 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X Pennsylvania does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Pennsylvania does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X Pennsylvania does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Pennsylvania does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Pennsylvania does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Pennsylvania does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Pennsylvania does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Pennsylvania does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Pennsylvania does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Pennsylvania does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Pennsylvania does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Pennsylvania does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Pennsylvania does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Pennsylvania does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ Pennsylvania does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Pennsylvania does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Pennsylvania does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Pennsylvania does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Cherry Run, PA ( 5.11 mi. )
- Pottersdale, PA ( 5.32 mi. )
- Clarence, PA ( 5.81 mi. )
- Snow Shoe, PA ( 6.40 mi. )
- Moshannon, PA ( 6.77 mi. )
- Karthaus, PA ( 7.37 mi. )
- Drifting, PA ( 10.12 mi. )
- Grassflat, PA ( 11.30 mi. )
- Orviston, PA ( 11.51 mi. )
- Cooks Run, PA ( 11.63 mi. )
- East Keating, PA ( 11.92 mi. )
- Bitumen, PA ( 12.76 mi. )
- Frenchville, PA ( 12.98 mi. )
- Beech Creek, PA ( 13.30 mi. )
- Lanse, PA ( 13.41 mi. )
- Kylertown, PA ( 13.56 mi. )
- Westport, PA ( 13.76 mi. )
- Noyes, PA ( 14.38 mi. )
- Winburne, PA ( 14.39 mi. )
- Shintown, PA ( 15.18 mi. )
- Wingate, PA ( 15.76 mi. )
- Munson, PA ( 15.93 mi. )
- Milesburg, PA ( 15.95 mi. )
- Fleming, PA ( 16.07 mi. )
- Lecontes Mills, PA ( 16.47 mi. )
- Lecontes Mls, PA ( 16.50 mi. )
- Allport, PA ( 16.59 mi. )
- Sinnamahoning, PA ( 16.84 mi. )
- Howard, PA ( 16.90 mi. )
- Driftwood, PA ( 17.09 mi. )
- West Renovo, PA ( 17.12 mi. )
- Drury Run, PA ( 17.13 mi. )
- Oak Grove, PA ( 17.19 mi. )
- Morris, PA ( 17.69 mi. )
- Drocton, PA ( 17.84 mi. )
- East Renovo, PA ( 17.84 mi. )
- Hammersley Fk, PA ( 17.84 mi. )
- South Renovo, PA ( 18.00 mi. )
- Renovo, PA ( 18.20 mi. )
- Morrisdale, PA ( 18.23 mi. )
- Bellefonte, PA ( 18.27 mi. )
- Julian, PA ( 18.54 mi. )
- Hawk Run, PA ( 18.67 mi. )
- Farwell, PA ( 19.37 mi. )
- Blanchard, PA ( 19.55 mi. )
- Wallaceton, PA ( 20.19 mi. )
- Leidy, PA ( 20.24 mi. )
- Shawville, PA ( 20.48 mi. )
- Philipsburg, PA ( 20.49 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 16829, 16845, 16859 (3 Total Zip Codes)
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 1318.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 814