About Banks, OR
Banks, OR is located in Washington County in the state of Oregon.
The total City Population for Banks is about 2,080 with about 962 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $354,196, which is roughly 30% higher than the Average Home Value of $247,189 for the state of Oregon, and roughly 47% higher than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $81,250, which is roughly 34% higher than the Average Median Income Per Household of $53,414 for the state of Oregon, and roughly 29% higher higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.96
Male Population Estimate: 45.6%
Female Population Estimate: 54.4%
Median Age: 34.7
Male Median Age: 38.7
Female Median Age: 38.3
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Banks specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Washington County: About 1.2059 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Washington County: About 168.558 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Washington County is about 69% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 41% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Banks is about 7.8%.
Oregon is ranked #1 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 85.68 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 67.34
The average living wage for the state of Oregon is $35.64/hr, while the states minimum wage is $12.75/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Oregon a minimum wage score of 72.34 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $12.75/hr, which gives Oregon a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 100 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Oregon is $312.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 85.84 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Oregon does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Oregon does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Oregon does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Oregon does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
✓ Oregon does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ Oregon does provide some form of paid sick leave.
✓ Oregon does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
✓ Oregon does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
✓ Oregon does not provide split shift pay regulation.
✓ Oregon does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Oregon does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Oregon does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
✓ Oregon does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Oregon does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ Oregon does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Oregon does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Oregon does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Oregon does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Manning, OR ( 4.39 mi. )
- Verboort, OR ( 4.62 mi. )
- Gales Creek, OR ( 5.56 mi. )
- North Plains, OR ( 5.56 mi. )
- Forest Grove, OR ( 6.26 mi. )
- Buxton, OR ( 6.50 mi. )
- Cornelius, OR ( 7.17 mi. )
- Helvetia, OR ( 9.26 mi. )
- Hillsboro, OR ( 10.25 mi. )
- West Union, OR ( 10.83 mi. )
- Orenco, OR ( 11.20 mi. )
- Timber, OR ( 11.58 mi. )
- Gaston, OR ( 12.58 mi. )
- Burlington, OR ( 12.95 mi. )
- Aloha, OR ( 14.17 mi. )
- Forest Heights, OR ( 14.89 mi. )
- Rock Creek, OR ( 14.89 mi. )
- Scappoose, OR ( 15.01 mi. )
- Cedar Mill, OR ( 15.80 mi. )
- Scholls, OR ( 16.85 mi. )
- Beaverton, OR ( 16.93 mi. )
- Tektronix, OR ( 17.15 mi. )
- Vernonia, OR ( 17.39 mi. )
- Warren, OR ( 17.54 mi. )
- West Slope, OR ( 18.12 mi. )
- Shared Reshipper, OR ( 18.64 mi. )
- Progress, OR ( 19.13 mi. )
- Yamhill, OR ( 19.29 mi. )
- Saint Helens, OR ( 20.42 mi. )
- St Helens, OR ( 20.42 mi. )
- Tigard, OR ( 20.45 mi. )
- King City, OR ( 20.71 mi. )
- Sherwood, OR ( 21.80 mi. )
- Pacific Power, OR ( 21.81 mi. )
- Pacificorp, OR ( 21.81 mi. )
- Carlton, OR ( 22.37 mi. )
- Newberg, OR ( 22.39 mi. )
- Portland, OR ( 22.74 mi. )
- Durham, OR ( 22.76 mi. )
- Tualatin, OR ( 22.98 mi. )
- Mountain Park, OR ( 23.26 mi. )
- Ridgefield, WA ( 23.65 mi. )
- Dundee, OR ( 23.91 mi. )
- Columbia City, OR ( 24.01 mi. )
- Rivergrove, OR ( 24.08 mi. )
- Lake Oswego, OR ( 24.12 mi. )
- Vancouver, WA ( 24.69 mi. )
- Lake Grove, OR ( 25.03 mi. )
- Oswego, OR ( 25.03 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 97106
TimeZone: Pacific (GMT -08:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 491.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 503