About Horace, ND
Horace, ND is located in Cass County in the state of North Dakota.
The total City Population for Horace is about 3,141 with about 95 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $386,006, which is roughly 70% higher than the Average Home Value of $114,794 for the state of North Dakota, and roughly 51% higher than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $138,636, which is roughly 55% higher than the Average Median Income Per Household of $62,553 for the state of North Dakota, and roughly 59% higher higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.92
Male Population Estimate: 50.4%
Female Population Estimate: 49.6%
Median Age: 35.8
Male Median Age: 38.3
Female Median Age: 36.8
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Horace specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Cass County: About 2.21707 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Cass County: About 309.377 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Cass County is about 44% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 7% higher than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Horace is about 0.7%.
North Dakota is ranked #40 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 25.19 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 21.3
The average living wage for the state of North Dakota is $29.55/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives North Dakota a minimum wage score of 13.95 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $4.86/hr, which gives North Dakota a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 57.51 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for North Dakota is $145.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 10.54 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X North Dakota does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ North Dakota does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X North Dakota does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X North Dakota does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X North Dakota does provide some form of paid family leave.
X North Dakota does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X North Dakota does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X North Dakota does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X North Dakota does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X North Dakota does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ North Dakota does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
X North Dakota does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X North Dakota does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X North Dakota does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ North Dakota does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ North Dakota does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ North Dakota does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
X North Dakota does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Frontier, ND ( 4.68 mi. )
- Wild Rice, ND ( 4.70 mi. )
- Warren, ND ( 5.24 mi. )
- Prairie Rose, ND ( 5.45 mi. )
- Briarwood, ND ( 5.76 mi. )
- West Fargo, ND ( 7.01 mi. )
- Hickson, ND ( 7.54 mi. )
- Oxbow, ND ( 7.59 mi. )
- Davenport, ND ( 7.99 mi. )
- Riverside, ND ( 7.99 mi. )
- Fargo, ND ( 8.41 mi. )
- Kindred, ND ( 8.98 mi. )
- Concordia College, MN ( 9.94 mi. )
- Bank Of The West, ND ( 10.09 mi. )
- Blue Cross, ND ( 10.09 mi. )
- Sanford, ND ( 10.09 mi. )
- Wells Fargo, ND ( 10.09 mi. )
- Comstock, MN ( 10.12 mi. )
- Moorhead State University, MN ( 10.43 mi. )
- Moorhead, MN ( 10.85 mi. )
- US Bank, ND ( 11.20 mi. )
- Mapleton, ND ( 11.62 mi. )
- Durbin, ND ( 12.00 mi. )
- Sabin, MN ( 12.12 mi. )
- Reiles Acres, ND ( 12.32 mi. )
- Dilworth, MN ( 13.07 mi. )
- Christine, ND ( 13.36 mi. )
- Walcott, ND ( 14.25 mi. )
- North River, ND ( 14.33 mi. )
- Prosper, ND ( 15.25 mi. )
- Harwood, ND ( 15.27 mi. )
- Wolverton, MN ( 15.60 mi. )
- Baker, MN ( 16.85 mi. )
- Casselton, ND ( 17.41 mi. )
- Glyndon, MN ( 17.48 mi. )
- Kragnes, MN ( 17.66 mi. )
- Leonard, ND ( 17.70 mi. )
- Colfax, ND ( 19.74 mi. )
- Downer, MN ( 19.91 mi. )
- Argusville, ND ( 20.39 mi. )
- Chaffee, ND ( 21.08 mi. )
- Averill, MN ( 22.58 mi. )
- Amenia, ND ( 22.86 mi. )
- Georgetown, MN ( 22.89 mi. )
- Abercrombie, ND ( 22.95 mi. )
- Wheatland, ND ( 23.10 mi. )
- Barnesville, MN ( 24.39 mi. )
- Kent, MN ( 24.43 mi. )
- Embden, ND ( 25.37 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 58047
TimeZone: Central (GMT -06:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 913.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 701