Whispering Pines' Livability
About Whispering Pines, NC
Whispering Pines, NC is located in Moore County in the state of North Carolina.
The total City Population for Whispering Pines is about 4,759 with about 348 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $366,071, which is roughly 56% higher than the Average Home Value of $159,475 for the state of North Carolina, and roughly 48% higher than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $91,814, which is roughly 46% higher than the Average Median Income Per Household of $49,737 for the state of North Carolina, and roughly 37% higher higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.50
Male Population Estimate: 47.9%
Female Population Estimate: 52.1%
Median Age: 35
Male Median Age: 40.4
Female Median Age: 43.6
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Whispering Pines specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Moore County: About 4.16904 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Moore County: About 155.405 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Moore County is about 5% higher than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 46% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Whispering Pines is about 5.7%.
North Carolina is ranked #52 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 6.19 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 5.06
The average living wage for the state of North Carolina is $31.26/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives North Carolina a minimum wage score of 6.97 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13/hr, which gives North Carolina a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 8.97 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for North Carolina is $145.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 5.29 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X North Carolina does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ North Carolina does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X North Carolina does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X North Carolina does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X North Carolina does provide some form of paid family leave.
X North Carolina does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X North Carolina does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X North Carolina does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X North Carolina does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X North Carolina does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
X North Carolina does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ North Carolina does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X North Carolina does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X North Carolina does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X North Carolina does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
X North Carolina does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
X North Carolina does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
X North Carolina does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Southern Pines, NC ( 4.51 mi. )
- Vass, NC ( 5.13 mi. )
- Carthage, NC ( 5.16 mi. )
- Southern Pnes, NC ( 5.69 mi. )
- Pinehurst, NC ( 6.75 mi. )
- Whisper Pnes, NC ( 7.78 mi. )
- Cameron, NC ( 8.47 mi. )
- Aberdeen, NC ( 8.81 mi. )
- White Hill, NC ( 10.33 mi. )
- West End, NC ( 10.87 mi. )
- Pinebluff, NC ( 11.37 mi. )
- Foxfire, NC ( 11.82 mi. )
- Seven Lakes, NC ( 11.93 mi. )
- Lemon Springs, NC ( 13.85 mi. )
- Jackson Springs, NC ( 14.62 mi. )
- Fort Bragg Military, NC ( 14.71 mi. )
- Foxfire Village, NC ( 15.70 mi. )
- Foxfire Vlg, NC ( 15.70 mi. )
- Jackson Spgs, NC ( 15.70 mi. )
- Marcus, NC ( 15.70 mi. )
- Eagle Springs, NC ( 15.85 mi. )
- Glendon, NC ( 15.96 mi. )
- Tramway, NC ( 16.00 mi. )
- Five Points, NC ( 16.51 mi. )
- Olivia, NC ( 16.66 mi. )
- Robbins, NC ( 16.77 mi. )
- Wind Blow, NC ( 17.40 mi. )
- Highfalls, NC ( 17.66 mi. )
- Hoffman, NC ( 18.22 mi. )
- Carbonton, NC ( 18.48 mi. )
- Sanford, NC ( 19.63 mi. )
- Buffalo Lake, NC ( 20.30 mi. )
- Jonesboro Heights, NC ( 20.30 mi. )
- Pine View, NC ( 20.30 mi. )
- Shallowell, NC ( 20.30 mi. )
- Swan Station, NC ( 20.30 mi. )
- Candor, NC ( 20.33 mi. )
- Norman, NC ( 20.46 mi. )
- Raeford, NC ( 20.57 mi. )
- Pope Army Airfield, NC ( 21.02 mi. )
- Pope Army Af, NC ( 21.02 mi. )
- Hillcrest, NC ( 21.20 mi. )
- Marston, NC ( 21.74 mi. )
- Gulf, NC ( 21.79 mi. )
- Spring Lake, NC ( 21.92 mi. )
- Cumnock, NC ( 22.19 mi. )
- Olde Farm, NC ( 22.19 mi. )
- Harpers Crossroads, NC ( 22.25 mi. )
- Colon, NC ( 22.66 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 28327
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 432.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 910