About Tillery, NC
Tillery, NC is located in Halifax County in the state of North Carolina.
The total population for Halifax County is about 8,952 with about 4 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $90,105 for Halifax County, which is roughly 100% lower than the Average Home Value of $159,475 for the state of North Carolina, and roughly 100% lower than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $0, which is roughly 100% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $49,737 for the state of North Carolina, and roughly 100% lower higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: N/A
Male Population Estimate: N/A
Female Population Estimate: N/A
Median Age: N/A
Male Median Age: N/A
Female Median Age: N/A
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Tillery specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Halifax County: About 13.7916 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Halifax County: About 461.369 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Halifax County is about 71% higher than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 38% higher than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
North Carolina is ranked #52 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 6.19 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 5.06
The average living wage for the state of North Carolina is $31.26/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives North Carolina a minimum wage score of 6.97 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13/hr, which gives North Carolina a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 8.97 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for North Carolina is $145.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 5.29 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X North Carolina does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ North Carolina does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X North Carolina does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X North Carolina does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X North Carolina does provide some form of paid family leave.
X North Carolina does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X North Carolina does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X North Carolina does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X North Carolina does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X North Carolina does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
X North Carolina does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ North Carolina does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X North Carolina does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X North Carolina does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X North Carolina does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
X North Carolina does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
X North Carolina does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
X North Carolina does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Halifax, NC ( 7.73 mi. )
- Scotland Neck, NC ( 9.09 mi. )
- Jackson, NC ( 10.23 mi. )
- Rich Square, NC ( 11.33 mi. )
- Enfield, NC ( 11.36 mi. )
- Lasker, NC ( 12.09 mi. )
- Weldon, NC ( 13.84 mi. )
- Roxobel, NC ( 14.12 mi. )
- Garysburg, NC ( 14.16 mi. )
- George, NC ( 15.01 mi. )
- Gumberry, NC ( 15.10 mi. )
- Kelford, NC ( 15.34 mi. )
- Potecasi, NC ( 15.72 mi. )
- Woodland, NC ( 16.01 mi. )
- Roanoke Rapids, NC ( 16.16 mi. )
- Whitakers, NC ( 16.21 mi. )
- Hobgood, NC ( 16.36 mi. )
- Seaboard, NC ( 16.67 mi. )
- Roanoke Rapid, NC ( 16.98 mi. )
- Roanoke Rapids Air Force Sta, NC ( 16.98 mi. )
- Ronok Rpd Afs, NC ( 16.98 mi. )
- Milwaukee, NC ( 17.68 mi. )
- Leggett, NC ( 18.86 mi. )
- Gaston, NC ( 19.08 mi. )
- Conway, NC ( 19.17 mi. )
- Lewiston Woodville, NC ( 19.45 mi. )
- Speed, NC ( 19.70 mi. )
- Margaretsville, NC ( 20.28 mi. )
- Margarettsvl, NC ( 20.28 mi. )
- Lewiston, NC ( 20.36 mi. )
- Margarettsville, NC ( 20.74 mi. )
- Aulander, NC ( 20.78 mi. )
- Pendleton, NC ( 22.01 mi. )
- Oak City, NC ( 22.37 mi. )
- Battleboro, NC ( 22.58 mi. )
- Drake, NC ( 23.67 mi. )
- Tarboro, NC ( 24.30 mi. )
- Severn, NC ( 24.49 mi. )
- Skippers, VA ( 25.09 mi. )
- Hollister, NC ( 25.11 mi. )
- Murfreesboro, NC ( 25.29 mi. )
- Princeville, NC ( 25.32 mi. )
- Branchville, VA ( 25.56 mi. )
- Essex, NC ( 26.24 mi. )
- Hamilton, NC ( 26.32 mi. )
- Hassell, NC ( 26.42 mi. )
- Rocky Mount, NC ( 26.42 mi. )
- Dortches, NC ( 26.56 mi. )
- Rocky Mt, NC ( 26.78 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 27839
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 64.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 252