About Summerfield, NC
Summerfield, NC is located in Guilford County in the state of North Carolina.
The total City Population for Summerfield is about 11,026 with about 165 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $380,532, which is roughly 52% higher than the Average Home Value of $182,702 for the state of North Carolina, and roughly 43% higher than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $127,661, which is roughly 55% higher than the Average Median Income Per Household of $57,244 for the state of North Carolina, and roughly 49% higher higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.81
Male Population Estimate: 47.1%
Female Population Estimate: 52.9%
Median Age: 45.6
Male Median Age: 41.8
Female Median Age: 42.4
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Summerfield specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Guilford County: About 8.20691 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Guilford County: About 452.639 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Guilford County is about 52% higher than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 36% higher than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Summerfield is about 1.8%.
North Carolina is ranked #52 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 6.19 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 5.06
The average living wage for the state of North Carolina is $31.26/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives North Carolina a minimum wage score of 6.97 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13/hr, which gives North Carolina a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 8.97 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for North Carolina is $145.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 5.29 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X North Carolina does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ North Carolina does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X North Carolina does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X North Carolina does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X North Carolina does provide some form of paid family leave.
X North Carolina does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X North Carolina does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X North Carolina does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X North Carolina does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X North Carolina does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
X North Carolina does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ North Carolina does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X North Carolina does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X North Carolina does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X North Carolina does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
X North Carolina does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
X North Carolina does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
X North Carolina does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Hillsdale, NC ( 3.10 mi. )
- Stokesdale, NC ( 5.24 mi. )
- Oak Ridge, NC ( 5.37 mi. )
- Greensboro High Point Winsto, NC ( 6.03 mi. )
- Ridgefield, NC ( 6.03 mi. )
- Guilford College, NC ( 6.66 mi. )
- Country Park Acres, NC ( 8.06 mi. )
- Guilford Courthouse National, NC ( 8.06 mi. )
- Plaza, NC ( 8.06 mi. )
- Greensboro, NC ( 8.11 mi. )
- Guilford, NC ( 8.32 mi. )
- Colfax, NC ( 8.67 mi. )
- USPS HR Shared Svcs, NC ( 8.74 mi. )
- Brightwood, NC ( 8.99 mi. )
- Rudd, NC ( 9.01 mi. )
- Sandy Ridge, NC ( 9.93 mi. )
- Belews Creek, NC ( 10.02 mi. )
- Belew Creek, NC ( 10.21 mi. )
- Ellisboro, NC ( 10.30 mi. )
- Browns Summit, NC ( 10.42 mi. )
- Greensboro Brm, NC ( 10.48 mi. )
- Greensboro Courtesy Reply, NC ( 10.48 mi. )
- Unc Greensboro, NC ( 10.48 mi. )
- United States Postal Service, NC ( 10.48 mi. )
- Hamtown, NC ( 10.63 mi. )
- Rankin, NC ( 10.63 mi. )
- Summit, NC ( 10.63 mi. )
- Tennessee Acres, NC ( 10.63 mi. )
- Greensboro NDC, NC ( 10.79 mi. )
- A&T State University, NC ( 10.91 mi. )
- Monroeton, NC ( 11.18 mi. )
- Matthewstown, NC ( 11.24 mi. )
- Mount Zion, NC ( 11.91 mi. )
- Kernersville, NC ( 12.05 mi. )
- Pine Hall, NC ( 12.12 mi. )
- Deep River, NC ( 12.14 mi. )
- Monticello, NC ( 12.46 mi. )
- Brown Summit, NC ( 12.49 mi. )
- Sedgefield, NC ( 12.60 mi. )
- Talleys Crossing, NC ( 12.91 mi. )
- Groomtown, NC ( 13.29 mi. )
- Hilltop, NC ( 13.29 mi. )
- Madison, NC ( 13.74 mi. )
- Jamestown, NC ( 13.87 mi. )
- Mc Leansville, NC ( 14.03 mi. )
- Vandalia, NC ( 14.25 mi. )
- Guthrie, NC ( 14.97 mi. )
- Walkertown, NC ( 14.99 mi. )
- Walnut Cove, NC ( 14.99 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 27358
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 841.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 336