About Luck, NC
Luck, NC is located in Madison County in the state of North Carolina.
The total City Population for Luck is about 2,125 with about 6 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $159,800, which is roughly 13% lower than the Average Home Value of $182,702 for the state of North Carolina, and roughly 26% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $38,018, which is roughly 34% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $57,244 for the state of North Carolina, and roughly 42% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.18
Male Population Estimate: 49%
Female Population Estimate: 51%
Median Age: 47.3
Male Median Age: 45.5
Female Median Age: 49.2
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Luck specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Madison County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Madison County: About 32.9448 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Madison County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 89% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
North Carolina is ranked #52 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 6.19 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 5.06
The average living wage for the state of North Carolina is $31.26/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives North Carolina a minimum wage score of 6.97 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13/hr, which gives North Carolina a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 8.97 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for North Carolina is $145.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 5.29 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X North Carolina does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ North Carolina does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X North Carolina does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X North Carolina does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X North Carolina does provide some form of paid family leave.
X North Carolina does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X North Carolina does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X North Carolina does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X North Carolina does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X North Carolina does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
X North Carolina does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ North Carolina does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X North Carolina does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X North Carolina does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X North Carolina does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
X North Carolina does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
X North Carolina does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
X North Carolina does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Trust, NC ( 1.17 mi. )
- Spring Creek, NC ( 4.39 mi. )
- Joe, NC ( 5.53 mi. )
- Bluff, NC ( 7.06 mi. )
- Leicester, NC ( 11.05 mi. )
- Hot Springs, NC ( 11.06 mi. )
- Marshall, NC ( 11.17 mi. )
- Canton, NC ( 12.81 mi. )
- Paint Rock, NC ( 13.51 mi. )
- Alexander, NC ( 14.06 mi. )
- Clyde, NC ( 14.23 mi. )
- Lake Junaluska, NC ( 15.44 mi. )
- Del Rio, TN ( 15.52 mi. )
- Assembly, NC ( 15.74 mi. )
- Lk Junaluska, NC ( 15.74 mi. )
- Hartford, TN ( 16.49 mi. )
- Woodfin, NC ( 16.62 mi. )
- Candler, NC ( 16.86 mi. )
- Weaverville, NC ( 17.47 mi. )
- White Rock, NC ( 17.58 mi. )
- Biltmore Lake, NC ( 17.63 mi. )
- Enka, NC ( 17.67 mi. )
- West Ashville, NC ( 17.81 mi. )
- Enka Village, NC ( 18.33 mi. )
- Maggie Valley, NC ( 18.34 mi. )
- Waynesville, NC ( 18.85 mi. )
- Mars Hill, NC ( 18.88 mi. )
- Hazelwood, NC ( 19.38 mi. )
- W Asheville, NC ( 19.83 mi. )
- Stony Fork, NC ( 20.22 mi. )
- Asheville, NC ( 20.92 mi. )
- Cosby, TN ( 21.65 mi. )
- Ocono Lufty, NC ( 22.26 mi. )
- Parrottsville, TN ( 22.64 mi. )
- Biltmore Forest, NC ( 22.97 mi. )
- Barnardsville, NC ( 23.23 mi. )
- Biltmore Frst, NC ( 23.87 mi. )
- Tusculum Coll, TN ( 23.98 mi. )
- Newport, TN ( 24.23 mi. )
- West Haven, NC ( 24.57 mi. )
- Balsam, NC ( 24.63 mi. )
- Mt Sterling, TN ( 25.23 mi. )
- Skyland, NC ( 25.66 mi. )
- Flag Pond, TN ( 25.92 mi. )
- Royal Pines, NC ( 27.03 mi. )
- Arden, NC ( 27.06 mi. )
- Bybee, TN ( 27.78 mi. )
- Swannanoa, NC ( 28.21 mi. )
- Carolina Hills, NC ( 28.87 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 28743
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 2007.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 828