About Hobucken, NC
Hobucken, NC is located in Pamlico County in the state of North Carolina.
The total City Population for Hobucken is about 137 with about 3 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $132,900, which is roughly 27% lower than the Average Home Value of $182,702 for the state of North Carolina, and roughly 39% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $24,125, which is roughly 58% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $57,244 for the state of North Carolina, and roughly 63% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 1.93
Male Population Estimate: 48.9%
Female Population Estimate: 51.1%
Median Age: 53.3
Male Median Age: 53.5
Female Median Age: 50.5
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Hobucken specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Pamlico County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Pamlico County: About 165.463 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Pamlico County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 43% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
North Carolina is ranked #52 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 6.19 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 5.06
The average living wage for the state of North Carolina is $31.26/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives North Carolina a minimum wage score of 6.97 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13/hr, which gives North Carolina a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 8.97 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for North Carolina is $145.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 5.29 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X North Carolina does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ North Carolina does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X North Carolina does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X North Carolina does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X North Carolina does provide some form of paid family leave.
X North Carolina does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X North Carolina does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X North Carolina does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X North Carolina does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X North Carolina does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
X North Carolina does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ North Carolina does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X North Carolina does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X North Carolina does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X North Carolina does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
X North Carolina does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
X North Carolina does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
X North Carolina does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Lowland, NC ( 3.11 mi. )
- Mesic, NC ( 5.45 mi. )
- Vandemere, NC ( 6.97 mi. )
- Stonewall, NC ( 12.53 mi. )
- Aurora, NC ( 12.72 mi. )
- Bayboro, NC ( 13.39 mi. )
- Merritt, NC ( 13.49 mi. )
- Alliance, NC ( 15.42 mi. )
- Oriental, NC ( 16.34 mi. )
- Grantsboro, NC ( 17.18 mi. )
- Edward, NC ( 17.80 mi. )
- Scranton, NC ( 18.07 mi. )
- Belhaven, NC ( 20.13 mi. )
- Bath, NC ( 20.14 mi. )
- Swanquarter, NC ( 20.47 mi. )
- Kennells Beach, NC ( 20.57 mi. )
- Arapahoe, NC ( 21.58 mi. )
- Minnesott Bch, NC ( 21.87 mi. )
- Cedar Island, NC ( 22.29 mi. )
- Blounts Creek, NC ( 22.87 mi. )
- Minnesott Beach, NC ( 23.40 mi. )
- Pantego, NC ( 23.52 mi. )
- Cape Lookout National Seasho, NC ( 25.17 mi. )
- Bridgeton, NC ( 26.42 mi. )
- Fairfield, NC ( 28.03 mi. )
- Ernul, NC ( 28.67 mi. )
- Atlantic, NC ( 28.72 mi. )
- Sealevel, NC ( 28.99 mi. )
- Stacy, NC ( 29.28 mi. )
- Pinetown, NC ( 29.38 mi. )
- Havelock, NC ( 30.25 mi. )
- New Bern, NC ( 30.33 mi. )
- Cherry Point, NC ( 31.19 mi. )
- Cherry Point Marine Corps Ai, NC ( 31.19 mi. )
- Mcas Cherry Point, NC ( 31.19 mi. )
- Portsmouth, NC ( 31.36 mi. )
- Trent Woods, NC ( 31.87 mi. )
- Davis, NC ( 31.98 mi. )
- Williston, NC ( 32.33 mi. )
- Vanceboro, NC ( 33.17 mi. )
- Wash, NC ( 34.02 mi. )
- Smyrna, NC ( 34.27 mi. )
- Washington, NC ( 34.36 mi. )
- Chocowinity, NC ( 34.86 mi. )
- Engelhard, NC ( 36.19 mi. )
- Gloucester, NC ( 36.31 mi. )
- Beaufort, NC ( 36.48 mi. )
- Marshallberg, NC ( 36.59 mi. )
- Morehead City, NC ( 37.38 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 28537
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 1.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 252