About Glendon, NC
Glendon, NC is located in Moore County in the state of North Carolina.
The total City Population for Glendon is about 6,704 with about 5 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $99,800, which is roughly 45% lower than the Average Home Value of $182,702 for the state of North Carolina, and roughly 54% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $43,333, which is roughly 24% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $57,244 for the state of North Carolina, and roughly 33% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.61
Male Population Estimate: 49.5%
Female Population Estimate: 50.5%
Median Age: 38.5
Male Median Age: 37.3
Female Median Age: 39.9
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Glendon specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Moore County: About 4.16904 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Moore County: About 155.405 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Moore County is about 5% higher than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 46% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
North Carolina is ranked #52 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 6.19 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 5.06
The average living wage for the state of North Carolina is $31.26/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives North Carolina a minimum wage score of 6.97 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13/hr, which gives North Carolina a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 8.97 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for North Carolina is $145.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 5.29 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X North Carolina does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ North Carolina does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X North Carolina does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X North Carolina does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X North Carolina does provide some form of paid family leave.
X North Carolina does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X North Carolina does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X North Carolina does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X North Carolina does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X North Carolina does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
X North Carolina does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ North Carolina does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X North Carolina does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X North Carolina does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X North Carolina does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
X North Carolina does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
X North Carolina does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
X North Carolina does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Carbonton, NC ( 4.64 mi. )
- Highfalls, NC ( 5.98 mi. )
- Harpers Crossroads, NC ( 6.45 mi. )
- Whisper Pnes, NC ( 8.89 mi. )
- Bennett, NC ( 9.02 mi. )
- Goldston, NC ( 9.10 mi. )
- Gulf, NC ( 9.35 mi. )
- Robbins, NC ( 10.06 mi. )
- White Hill, NC ( 10.35 mi. )
- Carthage, NC ( 11.05 mi. )
- Cumnock, NC ( 11.25 mi. )
- Bonlee, NC ( 11.30 mi. )
- Tramway, NC ( 11.68 mi. )
- Buffalo Lake, NC ( 12.37 mi. )
- Jonesboro Heights, NC ( 12.37 mi. )
- Pine View, NC ( 12.37 mi. )
- Shallowell, NC ( 12.37 mi. )
- Swan Station, NC ( 12.37 mi. )
- Sanford, NC ( 13.50 mi. )
- Lemon Springs, NC ( 14.06 mi. )
- Cameron, NC ( 14.17 mi. )
- Colon, NC ( 15.20 mi. )
- Coleridge, NC ( 15.58 mi. )
- Whispering Pines, NC ( 15.96 mi. )
- Siler City, NC ( 16.90 mi. )
- Osgood, NC ( 16.96 mi. )
- Vass, NC ( 17.49 mi. )
- Seven Lakes, NC ( 17.80 mi. )
- Parks Crossroads, NC ( 18.56 mi. )
- Eagle Springs, NC ( 18.71 mi. )
- West End, NC ( 18.77 mi. )
- Olivia, NC ( 19.26 mi. )
- Southern Pines, NC ( 20.02 mi. )
- Pinehurst, NC ( 20.25 mi. )
- Broadway, NC ( 20.44 mi. )
- Seagrove, NC ( 20.77 mi. )
- Silk Hope, NC ( 20.79 mi. )
- Ether, NC ( 20.84 mi. )
- Star, NC ( 21.39 mi. )
- Moncure, NC ( 21.46 mi. )
- Southern Pnes, NC ( 21.48 mi. )
- Pittsboro, NC ( 21.73 mi. )
- Candor, NC ( 21.91 mi. )
- Ramseur, NC ( 22.06 mi. )
- Jackson Springs, NC ( 22.14 mi. )
- Biscoe, NC ( 22.23 mi. )
- Foxfire, NC ( 22.52 mi. )
- Staley, NC ( 23.06 mi. )
- Soapstone Mountain, NC ( 23.28 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 27325
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 441.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 910