About Davidson, NC
Davidson, NC is located in Mecklenburg County in the state of North Carolina.
The total City Population for Davidson is about 14,644 with about 788 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $480,776, which is roughly 67% higher than the Average Home Value of $159,475 for the state of North Carolina, and roughly 61% higher than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $141,845, which is roughly 65% higher than the Average Median Income Per Household of $49,737 for the state of North Carolina, and roughly 59% higher higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 1.30
Male Population Estimate: 47.7%
Female Population Estimate: 52.3%
Median Age: 39.5
Male Median Age: 17.8
Female Median Age: 19.1
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Davidson specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Mecklenburg County: About 7.22857 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Mecklenburg County: About 583.791 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Mecklenburg County is about 45% higher than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 51% higher than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Davidson is about 2.8%.
North Carolina is ranked #52 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 6.19 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 5.06
The average living wage for the state of North Carolina is $31.26/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives North Carolina a minimum wage score of 6.97 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13/hr, which gives North Carolina a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 8.97 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for North Carolina is $145.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 5.29 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X North Carolina does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ North Carolina does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X North Carolina does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X North Carolina does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X North Carolina does provide some form of paid family leave.
X North Carolina does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X North Carolina does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X North Carolina does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X North Carolina does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X North Carolina does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
X North Carolina does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ North Carolina does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X North Carolina does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X North Carolina does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X North Carolina does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
X North Carolina does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
X North Carolina does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
X North Carolina does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Davidson College, NC ( 2.05 mi. )
- Cornelius, NC ( 3.28 mi. )
- Mount Mourne, NC ( 4.28 mi. )
- Huntersville, NC ( 6.00 mi. )
- Hicks Crossroads, NC ( 6.60 mi. )
- Mooresville, NC ( 6.95 mi. )
- Mayhew, NC ( 7.39 mi. )
- Fisher Town, NC ( 9.08 mi. )
- Doolie, NC ( 9.12 mi. )
- Shady Brook, NC ( 10.20 mi. )
- Kannapolis, NC ( 10.35 mi. )
- Lowesville, NC ( 10.81 mi. )
- Glass, NC ( 11.15 mi. )
- Mazeppa, NC ( 11.17 mi. )
- Terrell, NC ( 11.28 mi. )
- Centerview, NC ( 11.61 mi. )
- Denver, NC ( 12.27 mi. )
- Concord, NC ( 12.28 mi. )
- Royal Oaks, NC ( 12.35 mi. )
- Sherrills Frd, NC ( 12.51 mi. )
- Landis, NC ( 12.77 mi. )
- Mount Ulla, NC ( 13.25 mi. )
- UNC Charlotte, NC ( 13.46 mi. )
- Sherrills Ford, NC ( 13.49 mi. )
- Mt Ulla, NC ( 13.77 mi. )
- Bells Cross Roads, NC ( 13.82 mi. )
- Troutman, NC ( 14.41 mi. )
- East Monbo, NC ( 14.97 mi. )
- Newell, NC ( 14.98 mi. )
- China Grove, NC ( 15.08 mi. )
- Bear Poplar, NC ( 15.17 mi. )
- Harrisburg, NC ( 15.45 mi. )
- Mt Holly, NC ( 15.50 mi. )
- Mount Holly, NC ( 15.62 mi. )
- Paw Creek, NC ( 15.79 mi. )
- Barium Springs, NC ( 16.74 mi. )
- Bradfords Cross Roads, NC ( 17.17 mi. )
- Celeste Hinkle, NC ( 17.17 mi. )
- Stanley, NC ( 17.56 mi. )
- Alexis, NC ( 17.62 mi. )
- AT&T, NC ( 17.80 mi. )
- Bank Of America, NC ( 17.80 mi. )
- Branch Bank And Trust (BB&T), NC ( 17.80 mi. )
- Duke Power Co, NC ( 17.80 mi. )
- GMAC, NC ( 17.80 mi. )
- JP Morgan Chase, NC ( 17.80 mi. )
- Nc Natl Bank, NC ( 17.80 mi. )
- Drums Crossroads, NC ( 18.28 mi. )
- Olivers Crossroads, NC ( 18.28 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 28035, 28036 (2 Total Zip Codes)
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 750.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 704, 980