About Chinquapin, NC
Chinquapin, NC is located in Duplin County in the state of North Carolina.
The total City Population for Chinquapin is about 6 with about 3 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $125,300, which is roughly 31% lower than the Average Home Value of $182,702 for the state of North Carolina, and roughly 42% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $56,883, which is roughly 1% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $57,244 for the state of North Carolina, and roughly 13% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.42
Male Population Estimate: 100%
Female Population Estimate: 50.5%
Median Age: 42.1
Male Median Age: 41.3
Female Median Age: 43.0
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Chinquapin specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Duplin County: About 3.37569 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Duplin County: About 235.791 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Duplin County is about 15% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 18% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
North Carolina is ranked #52 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 6.19 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 5.06
The average living wage for the state of North Carolina is $31.26/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives North Carolina a minimum wage score of 6.97 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13/hr, which gives North Carolina a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 8.97 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for North Carolina is $145.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 5.29 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X North Carolina does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ North Carolina does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X North Carolina does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X North Carolina does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X North Carolina does provide some form of paid family leave.
X North Carolina does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X North Carolina does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X North Carolina does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X North Carolina does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X North Carolina does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
X North Carolina does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ North Carolina does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X North Carolina does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X North Carolina does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X North Carolina does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
X North Carolina does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
X North Carolina does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
X North Carolina does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Greenevers, NC ( 5.93 mi. )
- Beulaville, NC ( 6.85 mi. )
- Teachey, NC ( 11.36 mi. )
- Wallace, NC ( 11.62 mi. )
- Rose Hill, NC ( 11.64 mi. )
- Kenansville, NC ( 12.07 mi. )
- Haw Branch, NC ( 12.93 mi. )
- Willard, NC ( 13.30 mi. )
- Maple Hill, NC ( 13.72 mi. )
- Magnolia, NC ( 13.95 mi. )
- Watha, NC ( 14.70 mi. )
- Pink Hill, NC ( 16.10 mi. )
- Richlands, NC ( 16.44 mi. )
- Petersburg, NC ( 17.30 mi. )
- Warsaw, NC ( 19.27 mi. )
- Albertson, NC ( 19.51 mi. )
- New River Marine Corps Air S, NC ( 19.60 mi. )
- Saint Helena, NC ( 20.09 mi. )
- Burgaw, NC ( 20.24 mi. )
- Friendship, NC ( 20.26 mi. )
- Comfort, NC ( 21.35 mi. )
- Deep Run, NC ( 22.19 mi. )
- Mccutcheon Field, NC ( 22.48 mi. )
- Mc Cutcheon Field, NC ( 22.48 mi. )
- McCutchn Fld, NC ( 22.48 mi. )
- Bowdens, NC ( 22.74 mi. )
- Harrells, NC ( 22.76 mi. )
- Turkey, NC ( 23.46 mi. )
- Jacksonville, NC ( 25.21 mi. )
- Tarawa Terrace, NC ( 25.93 mi. )
- Tarawa, NC ( 25.93 mi. )
- Tarawa Ter, NC ( 25.93 mi. )
- Tarawa Tr, NC ( 25.93 mi. )
- Faison, NC ( 26.54 mi. )
- Rocky Point, NC ( 27.06 mi. )
- Seven Springs, NC ( 27.18 mi. )
- Calypso, NC ( 27.47 mi. )
- Midway Park, NC ( 28.15 mi. )
- Holly Ridge, NC ( 28.60 mi. )
- Naval Hos, NC ( 28.73 mi. )
- Naval Hospital, NC ( 28.73 mi. )
- Atkinson, NC ( 28.88 mi. )
- Mount Olive, NC ( 28.95 mi. )
- Long Creek, NC ( 29.36 mi. )
- Ivanhoe, NC ( 29.41 mi. )
- Ingold, NC ( 29.98 mi. )
- Currie, NC ( 30.05 mi. )
- Trenton, NC ( 30.84 mi. )
- Surf City, NC ( 31.05 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 28518, 28521 (2 Total Zip Codes)
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 81.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 910